Posted by Shadow on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:40pm.
What is the answer to this question?
( If I do it with PEMDAS, the answer would be 2, but when I type in google, it give me 288)
[ 9+3 = 12 -> 48/2(12) -> 2 x 12 = 24 -> 48/24 = 2]
- Math - MathMate, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:57pm
Google is right!
PEMDAS works like this:
3. Multiplications and Divisions
4. Additions and subtractions.
BUT when multiplications and divisions are both present without parentheses, they are executed from left to right.
The same rule applies when we have additions and subtractions.
- Math - Shadow, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 10:05pm
- Math :) - MathMate, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 10:56pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,correction,plz - Evaluate (15-5)/[((12)/(2*2))-2] my answer that i keep ...
- Math+ check! - oka so the question is as follows: for the geometreic sereis 8+48...
- Math - 8*2sq+7*(4+1)= ? Can someone explain to me what to after the parenthesis...
- Math Algebra - Question:: You are about to take a test that contains questions ...
- Biology - I know this is a difficult question, and its an answer that is not ...
- Intro. to Comp. - I tried them on Google -- and # 3 got me lots of sites with ...
- Math/algebra - What is the 20th term of the sequence that begins with −2...
- Math--I need help! - I have these two questions on my assignment. Please help me...
- Music - My music teacher was saying that if any1 can answer this question then ...
- English - Can you please answer my question? I posted the question before.But ...