Posted by Debbie on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:33pm.
I would appreciate if someone could look at the assignment I have to complete. I have included the rules I am to follow and the paragraph that I have written
ē Read two of the five paragraphs on the second page of this appendix. Write a brief paragraph of about 150 words in which you do the following:
o Identify which paragraph was more effective and analyze why this is so.
o Include a discussion of sentence variety and the rhythm of the authorís writing.
o Focus on the writing rather than the opinions presented.
o Underline your topic sentence.
1. A lot of people donít have wills. Everyone needs a will, but not all people have one. Wills are important because they explain who gets your stuff after you die. You donít want your things going to someone you donít want them to go to. My Aunt Martha went to a lawyer to get a will, I did my will online. My dad died in 1988. He didnít have a will. His stuff went to my step mom, who I donít get along with. If he would have had a will, I might have been able to start college sooner. But my dad didnít have a will. A will is good and you need to get one. Do you have a will?
4. Most consumers understand that a good credit score is vital to oneís financial security and stability. Many people may not understand how a credit score is calculated. Payment history accounts for roughly 35% of oneís overall score. This means that on-time payments are absolutely essential. Debt level is not far behind at 30%. This accounts for near-limits and the total amount of money owed. Length of credit history is next at 15%, followed by inquiries at 10% and mix of credit at 10%.
When comparing paragraph one and four I found paragraph four to be the most effective. I believe it to be most effective because compared to paragraph one it had better variety and rhythm. In paragraph one the sentences where choppy and very vague. In paragraph four when the writer could have made the sentences shorter they added more detail to give the reader more information. The writer explained in detail about why good credit is important and how a credit score is broke down. In paragraph one the writer tried to explain why it is important to have a will. The paragraph was hard to follow because of the sentence length and the thought seemed to jump all over. Overall it is important to have rhythm and variety in your paragraphs to make the reader understand what you are trying to say and make it easier for them to read.
- Com 155 - Writeacher, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:05pm
You're comparing TWO things; therefore, you need to use "more" not "most."
"compared to paragraph one" is redundant (repetitive); delete it.
Several commas are missing.
Content is fine.
- Com 155 - Debbie, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:49pm
Thank you so much for your help. After your suggestions made my paragraph sound much better. It is nice to have someone take a second look at it.
- Com 155 - Writeacher, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:50pm
You're very welcome! Go get an A!!
- Com 155 - aaaa, Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 4:17pm
you should be ahame looking for answer make sure i tell the teacher what site your own looking for answers.
- Com 155 - Tammy, Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 6:54pm
To the person who said they should be ashamed: they are not looking for answers, they're just looking for help. No one wrote the answer for them. They just came on here to get a second opinion. This is why people should mind their own business. You have no idea what you're talking about, then please refrain from talking. Thank You....
Answer this Question
com 155 - my assignment is: Use at least five adverbs and five adjectives to ...
pe basketball - How long do you have to get the ball across the midcourt line? ...
History Paper - Can someone please look over my paragraph and tell me if theres ...
American Revolutuion - Can someone please look over my paragraph and tell me if ...
Com/155 - my assignment is to Write a 150- to 200-word paragraph to explain how ...
HCA 220 - I have not received my book because of a shipping error on the ...
univ/com/155 - write a paragraph of instructions on the writing process for ...
com 155 - Have I used good and well correctly? In my opinion, your book is very ...
Chemistry ^.^ - Hi there Can someone please show me how to draw a fully labelled...
Physiology and asthma - CAN SOMEONE PLEASSE HELP ME... i am doing a physiology ...