Posted by Anonymous on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 2:29pm.
Can you please explain this(Simple):
( I know what this means, I just don't know how to word it out)
"I took right of the cause. I could do but little...I did with a joyful heart, and never felt happier than when in an anti-slavery meeting...But, while attending an anti-slavery convection at Nantucket, on 11th of August,1841, I felt strongly moved to speak...The truth was, I felt myself a slave, and the idea of speaking to white people weighed me down. I spoke but a few moments, when I felt a degree of freedom, and said what I desired with considerable ease.From that time until now, I have been engaged in pleading the case of my brethren."
- Social Studies - SraJMcGin, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 2:40pm
While attending an anti-slavery meeting, the man felt himself a slave but began to plead the case of the slaves. (because they were his brethren, he was not white.)
- Social Studies - samantha, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 2:44pm
i hope it helps. i did my best.
I did the best i could with the situation. but i didn't do much...i did everything with excitement and joy all from my heart. i never ever had as much fun or felt so much happiness in an anti-slavery meeting...but when i was in an anti-slaveryconvention in Nantucket, on 11th of August, 1841. i felt and arge to speak up...to tell you the truth i felt like i was a slave nad the thought of talking to white people made me feel like i had power. i only spoke a little when i started to feel the freedom and said everything that i wanted with no doubt and easily. from thenon and even today i am fighting pleading in the case of my brothers.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Can you please explain this(Simple): "I took right of the cause...
- social studies - explain the political and social results of the reformation? is...
- What does this mean? - Can someone please explain to me what this means? A ...
- social studies - word that means the division of land
- social studies - the word citizenship most closely means?
- social studies - what word means to occupy the mind excessively
- social studies - what is a word that means the same as nation goverment
- social studies - 1. define Allah 2. the word Muslim means...? 3.JIHAD means to ...
- social studies - The homework was that you had to write a word that starts with ...
- Social Studies - In England, during the 16th century, why did the people then ...