Posted by Samantha on Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 11:46am.
So for my homework assignment I'm writing a letter to the clouds because I'm angry about waking up to snow this morning. We just have to use vocab words. Anyway, I'm stuck on how to say this:
Please keep your precipitation to yourself
My best attempt is:
S'il vous plait, gardez votre precipitation a vous-meme
(I am not sure how to do accents since we have a laptop)
Is that right? It seems a little bizarre to me.
- French - accents - MathMate, Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 12:01pm
If you use Windows, you can set up the French keyboard, and automatically, the accents will appear when you type the right key. The keyboard can be switch between your regular one with Alt-Left-shift.
You can also type accents using unicode characters, whether you have a Mac or use Windows.
For example you can type (without the intervening spaces)
(é) & e a c u t e ;
(è) & e g r a v e ;
(ê) & e c i r c ;
(à) & a g r a v e ;
Finally, you can use the buttons in the following link to type in your text:
Mme Sra also has a set of procedures to help you set up your computer. Stay tuned.
- French - SraJMcGin, Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 12:42pm
MathMate has given you an excellent site so I doubt you'll need my input, but "just in case" here it is:
If we knew whether you have a PC or a Mac, plus Windows or not, there are additional charts. If what you now have does not work for you, just let us know.
Sra (aka Mme)
- French - Anonymous, Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 12:55pm
Okay great! That was incredibly helpful! Could you also let me know if the sentence is correct?
- French - SraJMcGin, Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 4:48pm
If it were not, one of us would have mentioned it!
The only incorrect thing would be the accents, which is why both of us spoke to that.
plaît / précipitation / même
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer this Question
- French - In an informal letter, is writing just Bonjour! or Salut! without a ...
- French study help - Could anyone please give me some useful web site to learn ...
- French - Our French class was given an assignment where each student would write...
- English - I have a creative writing assignment due tomorrow and I'm completly ...
- French Pen-Pal - My French teacher is having us write to our fifth grade pen ...
- French - for part of our french homework we have to find the synonyms of words ...
- Algebra 1 - After 5 lessons of French, you have learned 20 vocab words. After ...
- french! - for homework tonight we are to write a french poem about someone. i am...
- Physics - Fresh snow is about one-tenth as dense as liquid water. How much ...
- English 8R - Business Letter Assignment Help! - I have this assignment for my ...