Posted by Mike1 on Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 8:58am.
I'd like you to check the following sentences on a description of a journey. Thank you.
1) On my last summer holiday I stayed in a hotel at the seaside.
2)The hotel was very luxurious with an indoor- and an outdoor-swimmingpools., a sauna and a pizzeria.
3) It overlooked the beach and it was very convenient since it lay near the beach.
4) While I went sightseeing, I visited the cathedral. Then I went on a boat sightseeing tour of Venice and of (?) a little island called The island of the shells.
5) As I live in a small town, this trip showed me that there is a big world outside.
6) The journey by (on?) car was very boring, so we spent time listening to music on earphones. My dad drove and we never went the wrong way.
7) Sometimes we stopped for gas and we went out to buy souvenirs.
We stayed in a four-bedded room which wa ver clean and big wiht a shining bathroom and two fantastic armachairs.
8) The hotel was a full-board (Better: we were in full-board.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 9:13am
1. comma needed
2. "... with indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a sauna, and ... "
3. comma needed
4. "...on a boat for a sightseeing tour of Venice and a little island called The Island of the Shells."
6. by (not on)
7. comma needed
We stayed in a room four four which was very clean and large, with a shining bathroom and two fantastic armchairs.
8. I don't know what "full-board" means.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I don't know why but my previous post has been posted twice. The word...
- English - I'd like you to check these other sentences please. Thank you very ...
- English - I forgot to ask you to check these sentences . Thank you for your help...
- English - Hello, everybody! I'm back from my holiday and I need you to check a ...
- English - Here are some more sentences for you to check. Thank you. 1)The trip ...
- Foreign languages - Can you check these sentences, Writaecher? 1) Can you please...
- English - Were all my corections OK (except complimentary?). I’d like you to ...
- English - I forgot to include these statements about a letter of inquiry to a ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you. 1) My mum and ...
- English - I left out the following statements. Could you please if they are ...