Posted by Shawn L on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 7:19pm.
I have reread this promble so many times and am still not getting it. I posted this yesterday and am still not understanding it. Please help again
The length of the Statue of Liberty's index finger is 8 feet while the height to the top of the head is about 111 feet. Suppose your measurements are proportionaly the same as this statue and your height is 5 feet.
a. Use the information to find the proposed length of your index finger. Give an exact measurement and then a decimal rounded to the nearest hundredth.
b. Measure your index finger and write it as a decimal in feet round to the nearest hundredth. How close is the length of your index finger to a. Explain. My index finger is 2 1/2 inches.
Algebra Please Help - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 7:31pm
Here's PsyDAG's answer.
Algebra Please Help - PsyDAG, Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 12:14pm
a. 8/111 = x/5
Solve for x.
b. We don't have your finger to measure.
Algebra Please Help - Shawn L, Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 4:50pm
That is true. And funny. But my finger is 2 1/2 inches. I just need to know how to start it. Don't understand how my number are to be wrote down.
PsyDAG set up a proportion for you to solve. Cross multiply and solve for x.
a. 8/111 = x/5
111x = 40
x = 40/111
x = ?
12/2.5 = 0.2 feet
Set up the proportion and solve it the same way.
Algebra Please Help - Shawn L, Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 7:57pm
Thank you so much for the help.
Algebra Please Help - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 7:59pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra Please Help - I have read and read this promble and I just am not ...
- Math PLEASE HELP - No one was answering my questions for the first question I ...
- Algebra - I know that I posted a similar question yesterday, but I am still ...
- Algebra - 45 ÷ 6t x 11x I have already posted this question and received an ...
- math - The Statue of Liberty is about 151 feet tall. If the angle of elevation ...
- sociology - My assignment is about reading "Sociology as an individual pastime...
- Calculus - Using l'hopitals rule, evaluate the following: Lim x-->infinity ...
- I posted this yesterday and im STILL CONFUSED! - okay so i was given a worksheet...
- Geometry - You purchased a scale model of the Statue of Liberty. The scale is 1:...
- financial Matters - I need help in understanding this question given by my ...