Posted by Sharon on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 11:35am.
Could someone please let me know if I answered the questions correctly. Thank you.
1) According to Émile Durkheim, religion is: (My choice is a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things).=D
a) a unified system of beliefs and practices related to profane things.
b) the feeling or perception of being in direct contact with the ultimate reality, such as a divine being.
c) a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to worldly things.
d) a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things.
2) Facing east toward Mecca while saying one’s morning prayers is a characteristic of the Muslim religion. This behavior is an example of a religious: (My choice is ritual)=A
3) What is the general term for a marriage in which an individual can have several husbands or wives at the same time? (My choice it polygamy)=B
4) Under which marital form can a woman have several husbands at the same time? (My choice is polyandry)=D
5) Capitalism is an economic system in which: (My choice is The means of production are largely in private hands, and the main incentive for economic activity is the accumulation of profits). =A
a) the means of production are largely in private hands, and the main incentive for economic activity is the accumulation of profits.
b) all property is communally owned and no social distinctions are made on the basis of people’s ability to produce.
c) the means of production and distribution are collectively owned.
d) none of these
6) Males are expected to dominate family decision making in a (an): (My choice is patriarchy)=B
c) neolocal society.
d) egalitarian society.
7) Which of the following statements about globalization is correct?
(My choice is Periphery nations lose their traditional values and begin to identify with the culture of core nations) =C
a)Globalization is universally welcomed in all nations.
b)Most multinational corporations are uncooperative with the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.
c)Periphery nations lose their traditional values and begin to identify with the culture of core nations. (This is my choice)
d)all of these
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- probabilities - A multiple choice test has 16 questions. Each question has 4 ...
- Math - Is (2,12) a solution to the given system? y>2x+4 y<3x+7 Yes No ...
- Sociology - I would like to get a better understanding of Emile Durkheim's ...
- British Lit - What unified the religion of Britain?
- Social Studies - when muhammad was born in 500s C.E., Arabia was unified in some...
- Maths - Multiple-choice questions in a test are graded by adding 2 marks for ...
- Sociology - The text, Introduction to Sociology, describes many individuals who ...
- religious help - Okay here is my start for an essay. How does it look so far. ...
- History - which early civilization had a well organized, unified empire with an...
- Unified field theory - Einstein sought to discover a unified field theory that ...