Posted by Sharon on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 11:35am.
Could someone please let me know if I answered the questions correctly. Thank you.
1) According to Émile Durkheim, religion is: (My choice is a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things).=D
a) a unified system of beliefs and practices related to profane things.
b) the feeling or perception of being in direct contact with the ultimate reality, such as a divine being.
c) a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to worldly things.
d) a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things.
2) Facing east toward Mecca while saying one’s morning prayers is a characteristic of the Muslim religion. This behavior is an example of a religious: (My choice is ritual)=A
3) What is the general term for a marriage in which an individual can have several husbands or wives at the same time? (My choice it polygamy)=B
4) Under which marital form can a woman have several husbands at the same time? (My choice is polyandry)=D
5) Capitalism is an economic system in which: (My choice is The means of production are largely in private hands, and the main incentive for economic activity is the accumulation of profits). =A
a) the means of production are largely in private hands, and the main incentive for economic activity is the accumulation of profits.
b) all property is communally owned and no social distinctions are made on the basis of people’s ability to produce.
c) the means of production and distribution are collectively owned.
d) none of these
6) Males are expected to dominate family decision making in a (an): (My choice is patriarchy)=B
c) neolocal society.
d) egalitarian society.
7) Which of the following statements about globalization is correct?
(My choice is Periphery nations lose their traditional values and begin to identify with the culture of core nations) =C
a)Globalization is universally welcomed in all nations.
b)Most multinational corporations are uncooperative with the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.
c)Periphery nations lose their traditional values and begin to identify with the culture of core nations. (This is my choice)
d)all of these
Answer this Question
Sociology - can someone please tell me what are the causes of alienation? I cant...
sociology - Can someone please explain to me the overview of the New rights?
sociology help me please - EXAMPLES OF macro and micro sociology cannot be : ...
sociology - how does Emile Durkhein efind sociology? Explain the tenets of his ...
sociology - My assignment is about reading "Sociology as an individual pastime...
Psychology - Sociology - Hi , I am having a hard time understanding the ...
Sociology - Will someone please explain gender stratification. I have tried to ...
sociology - Can someone explain to me the differences between formal ...
sociology as an individual pastime - Could you please help me explain the ...
math 12 - From 85 Records at D.S. Collegiate, the following data was collected: ...