Posted by chaya on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:09pm.
The variable d represents the cost of a customer's meal, in dollar. The following expression represents the amount paid, including tax.
d + 0.18d
F. The cost plus eighteen percent of the cost
G. the cost minus eighteen percent of the cost
H. the cost plus eight percent of the cost
J. The cost plus one hundred eighteen percent of the cost
I think the answer is F.
I really dont get this question
A merchant spend $92 to buy a calculator
then the merchant sold it with a 21% markup. Katherine used her calculator and found the amount of the markup to be $9.
Explain how you can use estimation to check the reasonableness of Katherine's
Without doing calculation, tell whether or not Katherine's calculation is reasonable explain your answer
I really dont get this question can u help me
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:15pm
Your first answer is right.
If you take 20% of 100, you'll get $20. It looks like Katherine's estimate is way off.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:17pm
Another way to approach this problem is to look the relationship between 9 and 90. 9 is 10% of 90, right?
- Math - chaya , Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:18pm
thanks your great
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:21pm
You're very welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Candy purchased the following items. •2 shirts that cost $15.00 each •...
- math - c = g + 94 The variable g represents the number of guests, and the ...
- Math - A bill for a meal is $10.38 including tax. Find the total cost if the ...
- C++ - Write a complete, working program that will do the following: Suppose you ...
- math - You have just received advertisements from 2 companies in your area: ...
- math - Break-Even Analysis and Cost Analysis: As a first-time homeowner, there ...
- math - the fundraiser will cost $1.50 per pencil plus $50.00 in adversising. ...
- accounting - # 1 Takers,Inc.provide the following results: 2004 2003 Units 2,400...
- math 140 - Break-Even Analysis and Cost Analysis: As a first-time homeowner, ...
- algebra 1 - An item costs c dollars and 6% sales tax is charged The total cost ...