Posted by chaya on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:09pm.
The variable d represents the cost of a customer's meal, in dollar. The following expression represents the amount paid, including tax.
d + 0.18d
F. The cost plus eighteen percent of the cost
G. the cost minus eighteen percent of the cost
H. the cost plus eight percent of the cost
J. The cost plus one hundred eighteen percent of the cost
I think the answer is F.
I really don't get this question
A merchant spend $92 to buy a calculator
then the merchant sold it with a 21% markup. Katherine used her calculator and found the amount of the markup to be $9.
Explain how you can use estimation to check the reasonableness of Katherine's
Without doing calculation, tell whether or not Katherine's calculation is reasonable explain your answer
I really don't get this question can u help me
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:15pm
Your first answer is right.
If you take 20% of 100, you'll get $20. It looks like Katherine's estimate is way off.
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:17pm
Another way to approach this problem is to look the relationship between 9 and 90. 9 is 10% of 90, right?
Math - chaya, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:18pm
thanks your great
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:21pm
You're very welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- c programming - write a program that computes tax and tip on a restaurant bill ...
- Finance - Jungle, Inc., has a target debt−equity ratio of 0.84. Its WACC ...
- finance - The Nutrex Corporation wants to calculate its weighted average cost of...
- C++ - Write a complete, working program that will do the following: Suppose you ...
- Finance - a firm wants to create a weighted average cost of capital (WACC) of 10...
- math - Laura want to purchase 4 shirts and 3 hat the cost of each shirt at Wm is...
- math - An advertisement states that eight thermometers cost $12.42 minus a 3% ...
- epoka university - 1) The cost that is related to the particularly cost object ...
- accounting - # 1 Takers,Inc.provide the following results: 2004 2003 Units 2,400...
- Math - Dr. Michael Lewis bought a bike that cost $455 plus 7 1/2 percent sales ...