Posted by Anonymous on Monday, April 18, 2011 at 7:14pm.
Hi. I would like to know what Capitalism is in simple terms.
From Wikipedia, this is what it says:
Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for profit.
Could I get more information please.
Capitalism - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 18, 2011 at 7:25pm
Under capitalism, most businesses are owned by private individuals and companies. They own the factories, pay the workers, and make profits.
Capitalism - Writeacher, Monday, April 18, 2011 at 7:27pm
The word "capitalism" comes from the meaning of "capital" in business.
If you have an idea for a business, and you get 10 other people to agree to lend you money to get started, the money they lend you is your capital. They must like your idea AND believe it will be successful -- and if your idea is successful, you'll be able to repay each person over time.
Some people don't have to borrow money to start their business. They save up until they have what they need. It's still their capital, though, except there would be no one to have to repay.
That's VERY simplistically put, but it's the basics.
Capitalism - Anonymous, Monday, April 18, 2011 at 7:29pm
Thanks a lot to both of you. I feel like I'm beginning to understand this economic stuff better than before:)
Capitalism - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 18, 2011 at 7:40pm
You're wise to make such an effort to understand these concepts! :-)
And you're welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- economics - what are the characteristcs or features of capitalism. http://en....
- United States Government - Capitalism is a system that may be seen as the ...
- history - Discuss how the rise of capitalism led to the development of communism...
- social studies - the theory that government should not intefere in economic ...
- capitalism - What are the pros and cons of capitalism? Please post your answer, ...
- Social studies - Could you please check these other sets of terms. Here are the ...
- history - "Rather than a radical departure from capitalism, the New Deal was a ...
- Social - Hi, I'm making a cartoon about capitalism for my class (3-4 slides). ...
- Geography - In simple terms can you please explain to me what free market ...
- Economics - Do you know any websites where i can find out about capitalism in ...