Posted by Sara on Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 4:06am.
I have project i need your help.
this is the Project Description
In this project, you will design a complete arithmetic unit of a microprocessor which can
do addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of two 2-bit binary numbers (A1A0
and B1B0). Using a 2x4 decoder whose inputs X1X0 will act as control inputs, you will
select the circuits within the arithmetic unit as following:
Depending on the circuit activated and the A1A0 and B1B0 inputs of that circuit,
corresponding results will be produced by the arithmetic unit. For example,
¡ú if X1X0 = 00, adder circuit will be activated. Then if we supply A1A0 = 102 and B1B0 =
102, the adder circuit will output 1002 = 410 as the result.
(Hint: A1A0 + B1B0 = CS1S0 where C is the carry-out and S1, S0 represent sums)
¡ú if X1X0 = 01, subtractor circuit will be activated. Then if we supply A1A0 = 102 and B1B0
= 112, the subtractor output will be 1112s complement = ¨C110.
(Hint: A1A0 ¨C B1B0 = BD1D0 where B represents borrow and D1,D0 represent differences)
¡ú if X1X0 = 10, multiplier circuit will be activated. Then if we supply A1A0 = 102 and B1B0 =
112, the multiplier output will be 01102 = 610.
(Hint: A1A0 x B1B0 = P3P2P1P0 where P3,P2,P1,P0 represent product bits)
¡ú if X1X0 = 11, divider circuit will be activated. Then if we supply A1A0 = 102 and B1B0 =
112, the divider output will be 10002. The first two-bit in the result show that the
remainder is 102 and the last two-bits show that the quotient is 002.
(Hint: A1A0 ¡ B1B0 = R1R0Q1Q0 where R1,R0 represent remainder bits and Q1Q0 represent
quotient bits. For division 00/00, result will be displayed as 0000. For division 01/00 or
10/00 or 11/00, result ¡Þ (infinity) will be displayed as 1111)
Computer architecture - help required - MathMate, Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 9:54am
There are many computer architecture references available that may help you.
However good the books are, you'll need a good background of digital logic, which I assume you are in the process of pursuing.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- analysis and design - My project is upgrading a bathroom and this is what I need...
- analysis and design - 5.2 Project Risks [Use this section to list at least five ...
- Math - Three friends were working on a project. Cindy completed 4/8 of the ...
- Finance - Describe a work-related situation you feel could be improved. For ...
- business - Describe a work-related situation you feel could be improved. For ...
- IT - Use Microsoft® Project to develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for your...
- Science Fair - I just wanted to ask if this project written below is a High ...
- science - I need an optometric project that will get me to state! last year i ...
- Science Project - I have to do a project on how smoking effects the environment...
- Analysis & Design - I have an assignment that involves Project Scope. I have to ...