Posted by ain on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 8:29am.
I have a number of questions. please answer as many possible according your expertise.
1. i have seen for sale fossils of ginger and garlic in an antiquity shop. they look like ginger/garlic but is rock hard. the price is about $8 each, which seems like to be very cheap. the shopkeeper says they were found near a cave.
a)how do I determine whether they are really fossil or not?
b)if they are really fossil, then what is the expected range of age?
c)how much do you estimate to be the real value of if they are real fossils?
physic - bobpursley, Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 9:34am
a. measure the density.
physic - Mark, Friday, May 6, 2011 at 1:06am
c) Given these views of Darwin, we can derive an expectation of the ratio of transitional to non-transitional fossils found. I include in the following only those factors which yield a differential expectation of discovery of transitional fossils displaying the action of natural selection.
EFR = (NSTP * NSPP * AP * SEVR * FSDP) and
ETF = EFR * OFS
where EFR is the "expected fossil ratio",
NSTP is the "natural selection time proportion",
NSPP is the "natural selection population proportion",
AP is the "area proportion",
SEVR is the "subsidence vs. elevation variation ratio",
FSDP is the "formation to species duration proportion",
ETF is the "expected number of transitional fossils",
and OFS is the number of "observed fossil species".
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physic - I have a number of questions. please answer as many possible according ...
- archeology - I have a number of questions.Please answer as many as possible ...
- nukleus - i have seen for sale fossils of ginger and garlic in antic shop. they ...
- INTERVAL OF THE MEAN - In a test of of garlic for lowering cholesterol, 45 ...
- English composition - 1. I apply garlic soup or juice on my face to protect my ...
- hill college - in a test of the effectiveness of garlic for lowering cholesterol...
- statistics - In a test of the effectiveness of garlic for lowering cholesterol, ...
- Math (help) - Nikki made 2 gallons of punch with fruit juice and ginger ale. The...
- MATH - Ginger has 12 plastic bead containers. The containers measure 1 inch on ...
- Math - A recipe for a special sauce calls for 4/5 of a cup of ginger and 1 1/4 ...