Posted by Allison on Friday, April 15, 2011 at 3:37pm.
My teacher gave us a sonnet and he said that we have to do an oral presentation that faithfully interprets the meaning of the poem. Do you have any ideas on how to make an oral presentation describing a poem. Should I explain line by line or just put the sonnet in my own words? please help!
- Oral presentation - Writeacher, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 4:03pm
I'd take it in sections and and put it all into your own words.
Which sonnet were you given?
- Oral presentation - Allison, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 4:14pm
okay thanks! Its called "Not Marble, Nor the Gilded Monuments" by Shakespeare
- Oral presentation - Writeacher, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 4:20pm
OK, be sure to read about English (Shakespearean) sonnet in the Wikipedia link. You'll see that this is the rhyme scheme:
To present it to your class, I'd take it by sections indicated by the rhyme scheme:
1st - lines 1-4
2nd - lines 5-8
3rd - lines 9-12
4th - lines 13-14
The rhyme scheme indicates how the poet organized his thoughts.
- Oral presentation - Allison, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 4:23pm
ohh I see thank you for your help :)
- Oral presentation - Writeacher, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 5:16pm
You're very welcome. =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English, oral presentation - Hello everybody, I have an exam, an oral ...
- oral presentation - how do you do a five minute oral presentation for a year 6 ...
- Business Reports and Presentation - What qualities of an oral presentation are ...
- english - I have to do a creative oral written presentation for two Hemingway ...
- ToK - can somebody give me an example of contemporary issues we can present (...
- Bible - I have to do an oral presentation on: Martyrs: Father Teodoro Santo ...
- Educatinal Technolgy PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 1. What could happen if ...
- english - how to do an oral presentation on to decribe a formal wear superstore...
- criminology - You and your team are preparing to give an oral presentation to ...
- english - help related to oral presentation in the promotion of spoken english ...