Posted by Catherine on Friday, April 15, 2011 at 1:10am.
A particle moves with its position given by x=cos(2t) and y=sin(t), where positions are given in feet from the origin and time t is in seconds.
A)Find the speed of the particle.
Speed = ____________
B)Find the first positive time when the particle comes to a stop.
C)If n is any odd integer, write a formula (in terms of n) for all positive times t at which the particle comes to a stop.
For the first one I got sqrt((-2sin(2t))^2+(cos(t))^2) ft/s.
I don't know ho to calculate the second and third part... please someone help...
Calculus (urgent!!) - MathMate, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 10:31am
x=cos(2t) and y=sin(t)
Speed at time t (in ft/sec)
= ... simplify as you wish
occurs when t=kπ/2, k∈Z
occurs when t=(k+1/2)π, k∈Z
So what is the smallest t when x'(t)=0 AND y'(t)=0?
Work out from B above.
Post if you more hint.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus (urgent!!) - A particle moves with its position given by x=cos(2t) and ...
- Calculus - The position of a particle moving on a horizontal line is given by s(...
- calculus - a particle moves along a number line measured in cm so that its ...
- calculus - A particle moves on the x-axis so that its velocity at any time t is ...
- calculus - 5. A particle moves along the y – axis with velocity given by v(t)=...
- calculus - A particle moves so that its position is given by ⟨cos(t),sin(...
- maths urgent please - a particle moves in a straight line such that its position...
- Calculus - A particle moves along the x-axis so that at any time t, measured in ...
- Physics - A particle moves in a straight line so that its position (x cm) from a...
- AP CALC. AB - 1.The position of a particle moving on the line y = 2 is given by ...