Posted by Lisa on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 3:40pm.
Alfredo walked 24 miles in the walk-a-thon. His friend Terence walked 1/3 as many miles. How many miles did Terence walk?
I really don't understand this problem could someone help me.
Math - Amy, Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 3:43pm
Terence walked 1/3 as many miles as Alfredo so you divide 24 with 3. This equals 8. Therefore, Terence walked 8 miles.
Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 3:44pm
Terence walked 1/3 as far as Alfredo.
(1/3) * (24/1) = 24/3 = 8 miles
Check: Terence walked 8 miles. Alfredo walked 24 miles.
3 times 8 = 24
Math - Bree, Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 3:47pm
Tara swam 5 lap at the pool. Canyon swam 15 laps.
Canyon swam ____ as many laps as Tara.
Tara swam _____ as many laps as Canyon.
I'm having problems with this one. Could someone help and show me how this is done.
Math - Amy, Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 3:50pm
Canyon swam 3 as many laps as tara
Tara swam 1/3 as many as Canyon
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Roberto has walked 3 miles almost every day in the past four years, with ...
- Algebra - John walked 10 miles on Saturday. He walked twice as fast on the ...
- math - If you walked 2 3/4 miles on Monday and then walked 3 1/3 miles on ...
- math - joe walked 4 miles north, 9 miles east then 8 miles north and 7 miles ...
- 4th grade math - In the school walkathon, Bev walked 2 1/5 miles, Dennis walked ...
- Math 115 - Create a piecewise function of the following scenario where D(t) is ...
- fractions - Annie walked her dog 2 1/4 miles from her house to the dog park and ...
- Math - Write an expression for the number of miles that Chris walked and an ...
- math - Rebecca walked 0.25 mile on Tuesday and 1.6 miles on Wednesday. How many ...
- math - carson walked 6 1/2 miles in 2 hours how long will it take him to walk 16...