posted by rfvv on .
1. The acting of the lead actor was great.
2. The main actor's acting was terrific.
3. The actings of some actors and actresses were fantastic.
4. Two main actors' actings were outstanding.
5. The scenery around the ship was very nice.
6. When the ship was sinking, the actings of the people on the ship were realistic.
7. The movie used special effects, so it was great to see the sinking ship.
(Would you check the sentences and correct errors please?)
#s 4 and 6 -- There is no such word as "actings" -- use "performances" in #4 and "actors' performances" in #6.
Everything else is fine.
Same applies to #3. Use "acting."
And that changes the be verb. Since acting is a non-countable, it takes the singular form, "was."
(Sorry for the double post).