Posted by litzy on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 8:51pm.
Henry bought 1 liter of fruit juice. He kept 1/4 liter of it in a bottle & poured the remainder equally into 6 cups. How much fruit juice was there in each cup? Give the answer in liters?
**Plz show me how to solve the problem and the answer would be great so I can understand it plz.
- math 5th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 11, 2011 at 8:59pm
(3/4) / 6 = (3/4) * (1/6) = 3/24 = 1/8 liter in each cup
- math 5th grade - litzy, Monday, April 11, 2011 at 9:06pm
Mrs. Sue can you teach me an easier way I'm still confused. Thank you
- math 5th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 11, 2011 at 9:23pm
You need to divide 3/4 of of a liter into 6 cups.
(3/4) / (6/1)
When we divide fractions, we have to turn the second fraction upside down and multiply.
(3/4) * (1/6) = 3/24
Simplified: 3/4 = 1/8
- math 5th grade - Tristan, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 4:37pm
I need to know how to solve 6- 3/4=
Not sure how to get the answer??
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- mixture problem - Lisa will make punch that is 25% fruit juice by adding pure ...
- math - Charles mixed pineapple juice and orange juice to make a fruit punch. He ...
- Marine Park. - How many ML of fruit juice are in a 1/2 liter bottle
- Math - Help, I need help on this.. For questions 3-5, use the recipe below. (I'...
- Math - John has 4 cups filled with fruit juice.He said that he has a gallon of ...
- Math - Reasonableness John has 4 cups filled with fruit juice. He said that he ...
- math - A bottle of cordial contains 5litres ,10% is pure fruit juice.how many ...
- math - A bottle of cordial contains 5litres ,of which 10% I'd pure fruit juice....
- bautista creek - John has 4 cups filled with fruit juice.he said that he has a ...
- Math - Saud bought a bottle of juice containing 625 ml juice. He filled 30 ml ...