Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 8:22pm.
how to prepare 0.250l of 0.750 M HCL solution,startin with 2.00 M HCL solution. what volume in liter of 2.00m solution we need?
chemistry - bobpursley, Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 8:36pm
you want to dilute it 2/.75 times, or 8/3 times. that means one part 2.0M, and 8/3-1 parts water, or
1 Part originalacid
5/3 part water.
So what is one part? .250/8/3 or .75/8 liter, so one part is .09375 liter of 2M HCl, and .09375*4/3 water, or 0.15625l water.
check: .15625+.09375=.250liter, checks.
chemistry - Anonymous, Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 8:52pm
how preapare 30.0ml of 0.800m HNO3 FROM A STOCK SOLUTION OF 4.00M HNO3 WHAT VOLUME IN ML OF THE 4.OOM HNO3 SOLUTION WILL YOU NEED?
chemistry - Anonymous, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 7:52pm
What will be the volume of 8.52 M HNO3 required to prepare 763 mL of a 1.5 M HNO3 solution?
chemistry - Alien, Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 7:54pm
8.52M X V = 1.5M X 763mL (C1V1 = C2V2)
i.e. Mass of HNO3 in Left = Mass of HNO3 in right
V = (1.5M x 763mL)/ 8.52M = 134.3309mL
Vol of water = 763 - 134.3309 = 628.6690mL
i.e you add 134.3mL of 8.52M HNO3 to 628.7mL of water.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - how wold you prepare 2.00L of 1.00M HCl solution using 6.00 M HCl? i...
- chem - Describe in detail by words how to prepare 200ml of .150M HCl from a 1.00...
- Chemistry HW!!! - 1. If I dilute 75 mL of 0.50 M CaF2 solution to a final volume...
- CHEMISTRY - Calculate the volume in liters required to prepare a 5.00M solution ...
- Chemistry - To prepare one liter of 2.5 M solution of HCl, what is the volume of...
- Chemistry - what volume, in L, of a 10.0M HCL solution is needed to make 2.00L ...
- Chemistry - A student must make 500 mL of a 1.5 M HCl solution. The student has ...
- chemistry solution preparations - how can we prepare 0.5 n solution of hcl as we...
- Chemistry - Prepare a 0.0200 mM dye solution at low pH by dilution 0.40 ml of ...
- chemistry - 2. A researcher is often required to prepare solutions in the lab. ...