Posted by Mike1 on .
I forgot to include the very last sentences of the day. Thank you very much.
1) Every week a person in Britain uses three plastic bags. They are strong and don’t disappear. They can last hundreds, possibly thousands of years. 2)They are called white pollution in China. In Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, 10,000 plastic bags were thrown away every day.
3) An environmental expert explained the reporter that things were getting better since the government had banned plastic bags.
4) Plastic bags had been a problem in Ireland too until the bag tax was introduced. People pay 10 pence for each plastic bag they use.
5) A new biodegradable plastic bag was introduced in 2002. If it is put in the ground, it disappears after 18 months.
6) Alternatives to plastic bags are cardboard boxes or paper shopping bags. If you use plastic bags, use it five or six times or ask if they are biodegradable.
Everything reads fine except this:
"...explained the reporter that things..."
You need to add "to" after "explained."