Posted by Kylie<3 on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 1:34pm.
I don't understand the question and need an asnwer fast!
Two different memberships are available at a discount department store. The Type A membership costs $200 and allows you to enter the store and take 75% off the marked price. The Type B membership costs $50 and allows you to enter the store and pay 62.5% of the marked price.
Type A membership: c = 0.25p + $200
Type B membership: c = 0.625p + $50
How many dollars worth of merchandise would a person have to buy for the cost of the Type A membership to equal the cost of the Type B membership?
- Math HELP!!! - Kylie<3, Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 2:06pm
- Math HELP!!! - Henry, Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 11:06am
When A = B,
0.25p + 200 = 0.625p + 50,
0.25p - 0.625p = 50 - 200,
-0.375p = -150,
P = $400.
- Math HELP!!! - JSHJHDH, Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 6:25pm
The booster club sold tickets to a high school basketball game. They sold 700 student tickets and 500 general admission tickets, and raised a total of $5000. The combined cost of one student ticket and one general admission ticket was $8.
The equations and graph below can be used to determine how much each ticket type cost, where s represents the cost of one student ticket and g represents the cost of one general admission ticket.
Total ticket sales: 700s + 500g = $5000
Total cost for one student and one general admission ticket: s + g = 8
What was the price, in dollars, of a general admission ticket?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Eric gets paid $7 for each hour he works at the electronics store, plus ...
- Math - I need help please. The usual markup on shoes at Fast Times Department ...
- math - Roberto is an employee of a store and receives 20% discount off all items...
- statistics - As a marketing promotion a company is going to give the first 200 ...
- Math - A video store sells a certain video for $32, which is 60 percent more ...
- math - A video game store charges a monthly membership fee of $7.50 but the ...
- algebra - Suppose a video store charges nonmembers $4 to rent each video. A ...
- Math - Two stores carry a similar stereo for the same original price of $573. ...
- SAT - Suits at a local clothing store are discounted 20%. Despite the discount, ...
- SELLING MATH! - Two stores carry a similar stereo for the same original price of...