Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 8:36pm.
please can u check my answer
Here are the questions:
1. A 0.45 kg book is resting on a dessktop 0.64 m high. Calculate the book's potential energy relative to
a)the desktop? b)the floor.
2. A 0.636 kg basketball has a potential energy of 19J at teh basket. How high is teh ball from the floor?
3. A hockey puck has a potential energy of 2.3J when it is held by a referee at a height of 1.4 m above the rink surface. calculate the mass of puck?
My solutions:(used Eg=mgh to get all solutions)
1. a) 2.8J b) 0
3. 0.6176 kg
- Physics - bobpursley, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:03pm
I think you reversed the answers on 1.
h= 19/(.636*9.8) didn't you miss the decimal place?
m= 2.3/(1.4*9.8) not your answer.
- Physics - deepti, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:20pm
when i divided 2.3/(1.4*9.8) i got 0.1676
and for quesiton 1 do u mean that a) will be 0J sinse it is rest on the desktop and b) will be 2.8 J
- Physics - bobpursley, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:22pm
yes, and yes.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A 3.60 kg book is initially on a shelf located 1.80 m above the floor...
- PHYSICS helppppp - A 0.2 kilogram baseball is thrown vertically downwards ...
- physics - 1. You slowly lift a book of mass 2 kg at a constant velocity a ...
- physics - a book on a shelf 2.0 meters above the floor has a mas of 1.5 ...
- physics - A book on a shelf 2.0 meters above the floor has a mass of 1.5 ...
- Physics - A box of mass 4 kg is resting on a table 1.5 m above the floor. There ...
- Physical Science-Physics - You need to pick up a book off the floor and place it...
- Physical Science - I need to know what equations to use! (A)How much work is ...
- Physics - A physics book slides off a horizontal table top with a speed of 1.30 ...
- Physics - 1. A student librarian picks up a 2.2 kg book from the floor to a ...