Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 8:27pm.
I have a few physics questions:
1. How much mechanical work is done by a weightlifter holding a mass of 100 kg, 2.0m above the floor for 3.0 s? Explain ur answer.
2. Calculate the force needed to do 2.0 kJ of work to push a load of bricks 10m?
3. A carpenter applied a force of 60N horizontally to push a plane 40cm along a piece of wood, how much work does he do?
4. A librarian does 8.0J of work to stack five identical books on top of each other. If each book has a thickness of 4.0cm what is the mass of each book?
- Phyics help - bobpursley, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:05pm
It appears you are posting several questions under different names. Sorry.
- Phyics help - deepti, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:26pm
you don't understand i don't get this unit and i'm failling this unit miserabely really need help
- Phyics help - bobpursley, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:31pm
Show your work. I will be happy to critique your work and thinking.
- Phyics help - deepti, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:49pm
ok so here's how i thought i would have to solve these:
or w=0 because u lift the mass upards and carry it (perpenticular ) hence w=0
2. W=f delta D
3. W=60N * 40cm (ordo i convert 40 cm to kg)
W/h=m (do i convert 4.0 cm to kg?)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics Disaster - Had The Same Teacher For Physics And Ughh I Am Stuck. Notes ...
- Physics - A worker applies a constant force of magnitude F = 339 N on a crate in...
- Physics Disaster XXP - Had The Same Teacher For Physics And Ughh I Am Stuck. ...
- physics - As part of a training schedule a weightlifter pushes a heavy metal ...
- Physics - Sally applies a horizontal force of 500 N with a rope to dtag a wooden...
- physics - A weightlifter has a basal metabolic rate of 80.0 W. As he is working ...
- Physics - A box of mass m = 59.0 kg (initially at rest) is pushed a distance d...
- Physics - A rubber ball, with a mass of 40.0 grams is dropped from rest from a ...
- physics - A weightlifter has a basal metabolic rate of 64.6 W. As he is working ...
- College Physics - A weightlifter has a basal metabolic rate of 64.6 W. As he is ...