Posted by Amy on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 5:43pm.
Determine the perimeter and area of a rectangle that has a width of 6 inches and a length of 8 inches.
Using a ratio of 1:2, draw a similar rectangle that is double the width and length of the first shape. Determine the perimeter and area of this new rectangle.
Draw one more rectangle using a ratio of 1:3 (a rectangle that is triple the width and length of the original shape).
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 5:51pm
P = 2L + 2W
P = (2 * 8) + (2 * 6)
P = 16 + 12
P = 28
A = L * W
A = 6 * 8
A = 48 sq. inches
- Math - Anonymous, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 5:55pm
Thank you so much. I got that part but I don't understand using the ratio 1:2.
- Math - Bosnian, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 6:01pm
Perimeter of rectangle:
Area of rectangle:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math-II - Rectangle A and B are similar. The ratio of rectangle B's width to ...
- Math - The length of a rectangle is 5 inches less than 3 times the width. The ...
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- math - the perimeter of rectangle y is equal to its area. rectangle z has the ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 5 in. more than twice its width.? How do I ...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- math - The width of a rectangle is x inches long. The length of that rectangle ...
- Basic Algebra - The width of a rectangle is x inches long. The length of that ...
- math - the dimensions of a rectangle are such that its length is 3 inches more ...
- math - Suppose that the width of a rectangle is 5 inches shorter than the length...