Posted by Amy on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 5:43pm.
Determine the perimeter and area of a rectangle that has a width of 6 inches and a length of 8 inches.
Using a ratio of 1:2, draw a similar rectangle that is double the width and length of the first shape. Determine the perimeter and area of this new rectangle.
Draw one more rectangle using a ratio of 1:3 (a rectangle that is triple the width and length of the original shape).
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 5:51pm
P = 2L + 2W
P = (2 * 8) + (2 * 6)
P = 16 + 12
P = 28
A = L * W
A = 6 * 8
A = 48 sq. inches
- Math - Anonymous, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 5:55pm
Thank you so much. I got that part but I don't understand using the ratio 1:2.
- Math - Bosnian, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 6:01pm
Perimeter of rectangle:
Area of rectangle:
Answer this Question
- Math-II - Rectangle A and B are similar. The ratio of rectangle B's width to ...
- math - the perimeter of rectangle y is equal to its area. rectangle z has the ...
- area, perimeter - the perimeter of rectangle y is equal to its area. rectangle z...
- Algebra - The length of a rectangle is (x+2) inches. The width of the rectangle ...
- College Algrebra Math 133 unti 1 IP 1 - Suppose the width of a rectangle is 5 ...
- math - Suppose that the width of a rectangle is 5 inches shorter than the length...
- writing to explain - The perimeter of rectangle Y is equal to its area. ...
- Math - 1) Rectangle ABCD has a perimeter of 106 inches. If the width is 7 inches...
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- Math - The perimeter of rectangle Z is equal to its area.Rectangle Y has the ...