Posted by Cassie on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 3:03pm.
a. Find the exact value of
sin (theta - pi/6)
b. Find the exact value of
cos (theta - pi/4)
c. For what numbers x, -2pi less than or equal to x less than or equal to 2pi does cos x = -1
d. What is the range of the cosine function?
e. For what numbers x, -pi less than or equal to x less than or equal to pi is the graph of y = cos x increasing?
f. Given: tan alpha = -4/3,
pi/2 < alpha , pi and
cos beta = 1/2, 3pi/2 < beta , 2 pi.
Find: tan (alpha-beta)
- Trigonometry - Anonymous, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 11:03pm
sin(-pi/6)= - sin(pi/6)= -1/2
The cosine function, like all of the trigonometric functions, is periodic about the rotation around a circle. Since the cosine is defined as the adjacent/hypotenuse of a right triangle, you can clearly see that its value can never be greater than one or less than -1 since the hypotenuse is always longer than the adjacent side. It turns out that, indeed, the cosine's range is from -1 to 1, written [-1,1].
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Trig - 1. Establish the identity: sin(theta+3pi/2)=-cos(theta) 2. Find the exact...
- Math Trig Help - sin theta = x/3, with theta in the first quadrant, find the ...
- Trigonometry - Thank you STEVE!!!!! Suppose that Cos (theta) = 1/square root 2 ...
- Trigonometry - 4. Find the exact value for sin(x+y) if sinx=-4/5 and cos y = 15/...
- Algebra II - Multiple Choice (theta) means the symbol 0 with the dash in it. 1.)...
- Math- Trig - 1. Determine the exact value of cos^-1 (pi/2). Give number and ...
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - If cos theta = 0.8 and 270<theta<360, find ...
- easy trig - If sin(theta)=[sqrt(70)]/7 and theta is in Quadrant two, find the ...
- simple trig - If sin(theta)=[sqrt(70)]/7 and theta is in Quadrant two, find the ...
- Precalculus check answers help! - 1.) Find an expression equivalent to sec theta...