Posted by Debbi on Friday, April 8, 2011 at 5:50am.
11. In a survey of 260 dancers, 172 knew the ballroom dances, 145 knew the Latin dances, and 102 knew the swing dances. Of these, 65 knew the ballroom and swing dances, 93 knew the ballroom and Latin dances, and 56 knew the Latin and swing dances. Thirty-one dancers indicated that they knew all three styles of dance.
Create a Venn diagram to reflect the above data, label your diagram clearly and submit to the W1: Assignment 4 Dropbox. Use your diagram to answer the following questions here.
(a) How many knew only the ballroom dances?
(b) How many knew only the swing dances?
(c) How many knew exactly two of the three dances?
(d) How many knew the Latin and swing dances, but not the ballroom dances?
(e) How many knew none of these dances
- Math - DrRuss, Friday, April 8, 2011 at 6:10am
I'll get you started.
Draw three intersecting circles. Label one B, one S and one L.
From the data given we can place 31 in the intersection of all three.
We are told 65 knew the ballroom and swing dances, therefore the number that know ballromm and swing only is 65-31=34
Similary the number that know swing and latin only is 56-31=25
And the number that know latin and ballroom only is 93-21=62.
Thus the number that know ballroom only is 172-(34+31+62)=54
Thus the number that know swing only is 102-(34+31+25)=12
Thus the number that know swing only is 145-(25+31+62)=27
The number that knew two of the three dances is
How many knew the Latin and swing dances, but not the ballroom dances is
Total number that knew all three is
so the how many knew none of these dances is 260-236=24
I hope this makes sense without a diagram. Please check the maths!
Answer this Question
- math - in a survey of 260 dancers: 172 knew the ballroom dances 145 knew latin ...
- Egypt - I need to know like about the dances that the egyptians did in ancient ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 7:45pm. 1. I wish I ...
- statistics - What are the chances that a person who is murdered actually knew ...
- English - I'm posting you the part of the song I didn't include before. 1) I ...
- Math - Practice Dividing by 7 For each dance style , the Step - Up Dance School...
- cultural dances - I finally have to do that project on cultural dances, but the ...
- physical education - famous dancers or dances in relation to hip hop.
- AP Euro - In The Revival of Antiquity by Jacob Burckhardt, Burckhardt talks ...
- Spanish - Give the correct form of the appropriate verb, saber or conocer, ...