Posted by Jen on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 1:10pm.
1. You read the following information about the economy:
Real GDP up three percent from a year ago.
Unemployment rate of 6.1 percent.
Consumer Price Index up six percent from a year ago.
Index of Leading Indicators up for the last six months.
Prime interest rate of ten percent, up from seven percent a year ago.
a. Explain what each of these economic indicators measures and what the significance of the current data is for the economy.
b. These indicators should paint a picture of the entire economy. Describe that picture.
2. The following headline appeared in 1986: "Inflation Rate at 1.1%; Lowest Rate in 2 Decades."
a. What is meant by inflation ?
b. How did the statisticians arrive at 1.1 percent? What measure did they probably use?
c. What does this headline imply about inflation during the 20 years before 1986?
3. True, false, or uncertain, and why?
"If you won a million dollars in the lottery, you wouldn't have the economic problem of scarcity."
Economics - Anonymous, Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 1:57pm
Economics - Anonymous, Monday, December 9, 2013 at 1:34pm
Economics - yad, Monday, June 27, 2016 at 3:15pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Economics - The answer i got is : GDP grew 10% GDP for 2006 using 2005 as the ...
- economics - 1. Use the following information to answer the questions below: ...
- Economics - Help The answer i got is : GDP grew 10% GDP for 2006 using 2005 as ...
- macroeconomics - If the economy currently has a frictional unemployment rate of ...
- macroeconomics - 23. The next four questions refer to the following price and ...
- Economics - The index most widely used by the government and the private sector ...
- macroeconomics - 27. The following data show nominal GDP and the appropriate ...
- Economics - If the velocity of circulation is constant, real GDP is growing at 3...
- Macroeconomics - Calculating the Rate of Growth of Per Capita Real GDP The ...
- Economics - One year ago, you bought a bond for $10,000.00. You received ...