Posted by Tommy on Monday, April 4, 2011 at 8:56pm.
The wheel of an adult's bicycle has diameter 26 in. The wheel of a child's bicycle has diameter 18 in. To the nearest inch, how much farther does the larger bicycle wheel travel in one revolution than the smaller bicycle wheel?
- Geometry - Jai, Monday, April 4, 2011 at 10:54pm
to do this, we calculate both of the circles' circumference. the bigger circle has diameter of 26 in, while the smaller has diameter of 18 in.
now recall that the circumference of a circle is given by
C = 2*π*r
or given the diameter,
C = π*d
π = constant equal to 3.14
r = radius
d = diameter
C = π*d = 3.14*26 = 81.64 in
C = π*d = 3.14*18 = 56.52 in
then we subtract:
81.64 - 56.52 =
hope this helps~ :)
- Geometry - Jane Bailey, Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 9:23am
the endpoints of a diameter of a circle are A(2,1) and B(5,5). Find the area of the circle in terms of pie.
- Geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 8:58am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A bicycle wheel is 30 inches in diameter. a. To the nearest revolution,...
- math - If a bicycle wheel has a diameter of 63 centimeter. During A journey the ...
- math - This is an SAT prep question. Senai customized her bicycle by exchanging...
- geometry d the sspeed of the bicycle in m/s - a bicycle wheel has 77cm in ...
- math - The diameter of Sheree's bicycle wheel is 0.705 m. Caculate how many ...
- Math - A bicycle wheel is 30 inches in diameter. a. to the nearest revolution, ...
- algebra - Justin races his bicycle for 90M . A wheel of his bicycle turns 45 ...
- Math - Juan races his bicycle for 196ft a wheel of his bicycle turns 28 times as...
- physics - Omar races his bicycle for 152m. A wheel of his bicycle turns 38times ...
- Geography - the diameter of a bicycle wheel is 26 inches.how many feet will the...