Posted by raf on Monday, April 4, 2011 at 12:32pm.
Consider the equation A(aq) + 2B(aq) 3C(aq) + 2D(aq). In one experiment, 45.0 mL of 0.050 M A is mixed with 25.0 mL 0.100 M B. At equilibrium the concentration of C is 0.0410 M. Calculate K.
e) none of these
the answer for this is suppose to be C but i am getting .000195 can any one show me how to do it
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 1:19am
A = (45.0 mL x 0.05M/70 mL total) = 0.03214M.
B = (25.0 mL x 0.1M/70 mL total) = 0.03571M.
C = 0
D = 0
..............A + 2B ==> 3C + 2D
change see below.
(C) was 0 initially, must have changed by +0.0410M.
(D) must be at equilibrium 0.0410 x (2/3) = 0.02733M so it changed by +0.02733M
A must have changed by -(0.0410/3) = -0.01367M. Just add initial + change (a negative number) to arrive at the equilibrium value.
B must have changed by -(0.0410/3)*2 = -0.02733M. Just add initial + change (a negative number) for equilibrium value.
Now plug in the numbers to the K expression. I obtained 0.03969 which rounds to 0.0397 to 3 significant figures and 0.04 looks to be the best choice. I expect we just rounded differently; you will notice i carried my numbers to four places.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Consider the equation A(aq) + 2B(aq) 3C(aq) + 2D(aq). In one ...
- Chemistry - the initial concentration of each component was: 0.100 M H2(g), 0....
- chemistry... HELPP - Chemistry Equilibrium Constant PLEASE Help!? In an ...
- chemistry - The OH- concentration of 0.050 M ammonia, NH3, is 9.5x10^-4. Write ...
- chemistry - a) The OH- concentration of 0.050 M ammonia, NH3, is 9.5x10^-4. ...
- AP CHEM! - IM SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP! H2 +CO2-->H2O + CO When H2 is mixed ...
- Chemistry (please help me!) - H2(g) + CO2(g)<-> H20(g) + CO(g) When H2(g) ...
- Chemistry - At equilibrium, the concentrations in this system were found to be [...
- Chemistry - 1. In an equilibrium, A + B ---> C + D; "A" & "B" are mixed in a...
- Chemistry - 1) Frank and Oswalt report a molar absorptivity of 4700 L mol^-1 cm...