Posted by Josh on Monday, April 4, 2011 at 9:30am.
If an open box has a square base and a volume of 106 in.3 and is constructed from a tin sheet, find the dimensions of the box, assuming a minimum amount of material is used in its construction. (Round your answers to two decimal places.)
CaSWincelculus - Henry, Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 10:26pm
V = L*W*H = 106in^3,
Since the base is square,
W = H.
L*W*W = 106,
L*W^2 = 106,
To minimize the material,
let L = W:
W*W*W = 106,
W^3 = 106,
W = crt(106) = 4.73in.
L = 4.73in.
H = 4.73in.
Calculus - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 8:45pm
thats wrong as fuk
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Applied Calculus - If an open box has a square base and a volume of 112 in.3 and...
- calc - If an open box has a square base and a volume of 91 in.3 and is ...
- Calculus - An OPEN box has a square base and a volume of 108 cubic inches and is...
- calculus - An open rectangular box having a volume of 256 is to be constructed ...
- calculus - A box with a square base and an open top is to have a volume of 68in^...
- calculus - A rectangular box is to be constructed from two different materials. ...
- Calculus 1-Optimization - A box with a square base and open top must have a ...
- Calculus - A box with a square base and open top must have a volume of 4,000 cm3...
- calculus-max & min - an open box with a square base is to be constructed from 48...
- Calculus - A box with a square base and no top is to be built with a volume of ...