posted by Ann .
Need to decide which form is needed:present participle, past, past participle of each verb in parentheses.
1. Nora (see) the toy exhibit at the museum. ANSWER=Seen
2. People (speak) French in parts of Canada. ANSWER=spoke
3. That character has (say) "Good Grief" several times. ANSWER=said
4. The tiny pin (burst) the large balloon. ANSWER=burst
5. In the science fiction story, computers had (take) over the world.
6. My brother (teach)me to change a flat bicycle tire. ANSWER=taught
7. The valuable painting had (lie) in an old barn for years. ANSWER=lied
8. I have (give) you all the hints I can. ANSWER=given
9. My friend has (write) a new short story. ANSWER=writen
10. I have (make) my final desision. ANSWER=made
Incorrect: 1, 7, 9 (sp), and I have a question about #2. Did those people speak French and then stop, or did they speak French in the past and they still speak it now?
French is still spoken in the province of Quebec. Moreover French is the official language of Canada together with English.