Posted by PreCal on Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 1:59pm.
Write each expression in problems 1 to 3 in the form a + bi.
I do not understand at all where to start. I tired looking on google to find a way to solve but I didn't get any real help. So please help me!
- PreCal - Henry, Monday, April 4, 2011 at 10:47pm
1. 8 - 6 -3i + 2i = 2 - i.
2. 4 / (2 - i),
Multiply numerator and denominator by 2 + i:
(8 + 4i) / (2 - i)(2 + i),
(8 + 4i) / (4 + 1) = (8 + 4i) / 5.
3. (3 - 2i)^3 = (3 - 2i)^2 (3 - 2i)=
(9 - 12i + 4) (3 - 2i),
(13 - 12i) (3 - 2i),
39 - 26i - 36i - 24 = 15 - 62i.
- PreCal - PreCal, Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 1:55pm
Alright thank you. Can I also put them in my calculator? I wasn't sure but I did for the first one and got the same answer.
- PreCal - Henry, Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 4:43pm
That's fine if you don't have to show
- PreCal - PreCal, Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 5:27pm
Thank you so much for your help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PreCal - Write the expression (7 – 7i) + (–8 – 2i) in the form a + bi
- math, algebra,correction & help - directions are: write each fraction in ...
- Advanced Algebra - I some problems that I need help with please. Add or subtact ...
- Trigonometry - Express each of the following as a single logarithmic expression...
- algebra - can someone please explain "converting to slope-intercept form" to me ...
- precal - use a right triangle to write the expression as an algebraic expression...
- 5th grade math - My daughter must correct the problems that she has gotten wrong...
- precal - give the value of each expression in simplest radical form of sine -45 ...
- English - 1. I am too tired to do my homework. 2. I am too tired to read the ...
- Math - Use the expression 12*12 to answer the question below A. Write the ...