Posted by Hannah on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 7:20pm.
if f(x) = 2x^2 + 5x,
find f(x+h) - f(x) / h and simplify.
I started to do this but then got lost.
2(x+h)^2 + 5x + 2x^2 + 5x all over h
4x^2 + 4xh + h^2 + 5x + 2x^2 + 5x
- Math - Damon, Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 7:35pm
2[x^2 + 2 x h + h^2] + 5x + 5 h
2 x^2 +4 xh + 2 h^2 + 5 x + 5 h
= 4 x h + 2 h^2 + 5 h
divide by h
4 x +2 h + 5
check - limit as h--> 0 should be derivative
4 x^2 + 5 yes check
- Math - Hannah, Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 10:29pm
Well the answer choices were
1) 4x + 5xh + h^2 + 5h
2) 4x + 5h + 4h^2
3) 4x + 5 + 4h^2 + 5h
4) None of the above
So the answer is none of the above correct?
- Math - Hannah, Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 10:44pm
The answer is 4x^2 + 5 correct?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Find the quotient and simplify your answer. f(x)=5x-x^2, f(5+h)-f(5) over...
- math - Jen, I will attempt to write the others out. #3)ADD: -57 + (-22) I got -...
- english editing (the rest)) - "Yes I did" the turtle said. They went on arguing...
- algebra - Will someone please look over these? I am so lost on these. 1. find ...
- math - Peform each indicated operation by using LCD and simplify the result. Can...
- chemistry - What molar ratio of acetic acid to sodium acetate is required to ...
- Math SCREAMING for HELP - Use the quadratic formula to slove the equation. x^2-x...
- math - Simplify 1 over 2 of 1 over 4 devide 1 over 3 all over 1 over 6 minus 3 ...
- Math - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 divide ...
- Math Ms. Sue - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 ...