Posted by Bobbi Loffredo on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 4:39pm.
Oaktree Company purchased a new machine and made the following expenditures:
Purchase price $45,000
Sales tax 2,200
for shipment of machine 700
Insurance on the machine
for the first year 900
Installation of machine 1,000
The machine, including sales tax, was purchased on open account, with payment due in 30 days. The other expenditures listed above were paid in cash.
- Math - Henry, Monday, April 4, 2011 at 12:47am
What is the question?
- Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 9:14am
The question is to prepare the necessary journal entries to record the above expenditures.
- Math - Helen, Monday, October 31, 2016 at 8:43pm
Entry for equipment purchase:
DR EQUIPMENT with the total of price + tax + freight + installation.
CR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE with the total of price + tax [because they were paid on account).
CR CASH with total of freight + installation [because they were paid cash).
Entry for non capitalized expenditures on equipment:
DR PREPAID INSURANCE for $900
CR CASH for $900
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Business Finance - Vandalay Industries is considering the purchase of a new ...
- Financial Management - The management of cooper Equipment is planning to ...
- Finance - 3. Your firm is considering buying a new machine that costs $200,000, ...
- college finite math - A product may be made using Machine I or Machine II. The ...
- acounting - A company purchased and installed a machine on January 1 at a total ...
- accounting - A company purchased and installed a machine on January 1 at a total...
- Math Question - A product may be made using machine I or machine II. The ...
- finance - Nucore Company is thinking of purchasing a new candy-wrapping machine ...
- accounting - A company purchased a machine on January 1 of the current year for...
- finance - New project analysis You must evaluate a proposal to buy a new milling...