posted by Brittany .
I have 14 questions and I was wondering if someone could check my answers. This is a do or die situation. If I don't get an A, I may not get to graduate.
I really appreciate you taking your time to double check theses for me. Thanks if you do. I know its a lot.
They are all right triangles.
1) Find the length of the hypotenuse if one leg is 9cm and the other is 12 cm. round the nearest tenth.
My answer was A. 15cm
2. Find the length of one leg of a right triangle if the length of the hypotenuse if 18 meters and the length of the other leg is 14 meters. Round to the nearest tenth.
My answer was B. 11.3
3. Determine the missing measure to the nearest tenth is one leg is 24cm and the hypotenuse is 25 cm.
My answer was B. 7.0
4. Determine the length of the hypotenuse when the legs are 10.5 ft and 7 ft.
My answer was C. 12.6
5. If you know the length of the hypotenuse of a 30°-60° right triangle, to find the length of the side opposite the 30° angle you need to
A. muliply by the square root of two
B. divide by two
C. multiply by 2
D. divide by the square root of two
My answer is B. divide by two.
6. Find the length of the hypotenuse in the 45°-45°-90° when one leg is 14mm.
A. 7.0 mm
B. 28.0 mm
C. 19.8 mm
D. 9.9 mm
My answer was C. 19.8 mm.
7. Find the length of the second leg and the hyoptenuse of the 30°-60° right triangle, when one leg is 8 inches.
A. 13.9 in, 16 in
B. 13.9 in, 11.3 in
C. 4.6 in, 16 in
D. 8 in. 16 in
8. The hypotenuse in the 45°-45° right triangle is 8.4 centimeters long. What is the length of each of the legs to the nearest tenth?
A. 7.8 cm
B. 6.3 cm
C. 5.9 cm
D. 4.2 cm
My answer was C. 5.9 cm
9. What is the length of the hypotenuse in the a 30°-60° right triangle when one leg is 12 yards.
A. 6.9 yd
B. 24.0 yd
C. 8.0 yd
D. 13.9 yd
My answer was D. 13.9 yd.
10. Find sin A triangle ABC when line(leg) AC is 9, line (leg) CB is 12, and the hypotenuse is 15. Line AC is on the left, straight down(9). Line CB is straight across(12), and the hypotenuse forms line AB going from left to right(15). Sorry its a picture. I tried to explain it.
My answer was D. 0.8, but im not completely sure.
11. What is tan B? Round to the nearest hundreth. It is a right triangle C makes the right angle. B to A makes the hypotenuse from Top right to bottom left. Line AC makes one of the legs, and Line BC makes the other. The measures are (leg AC 7) (LEG BC 16.8) (HYPOTENUSE 18.2)
My answer was D. 0.4167
12. Find the measure of angle X given that tan X= .5736.
13. Determine the measure of angle K to the nearest degree.
The line(leg) JL is 4, line (leg) LK is 12, and the hypotenuse is 12.6 . Angle L makes the right angle. Line JL is on the left, straight down(4). Line LK is straight across(12), and the hypotenuse forms line JK going from left to right(12.6).
My answer A. 72°
14. What is the length of the hypotenuse in triangle QRS? Round to the nearest tenth.
It gives that the Triangle is 40° and 90°, so that leaves the other angle to be 50°.
It only gives that the line(leg) QS is 7.8. Angle L makes the right angle. Line JL is on the left, straight down. Line SR is straight across, and the hypotenuse forms line QR going from left to right.
My answer was C. 10.2
The first 12 are correct, except #7 for which you did not give an answer.
In #7, you did not say if the side of 8 is opposite the 30° or opposite the 60°
I will assume it is opposite the 30°, the the other two sides are 13.9 and 16 which is A
In #13 I had 18.4° which would match D
#14 seems to be a jumble of two different questions.
check your typing.
Thank you so much, Reiny. I really appreciate you taking time for so many questions.
Find the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle, the other two sides of which measure 9 cm and 12 cm.
Analyze the diagram below and complete the instructions that follow.
Find the value of x. Round the answer to the nearest tenth, if needed.