Posted by Heather on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 3:34pm.
1. The purpose of program planning is to
A. keep children safe and healthy.
B. provide routines to keep children busy.
C. organize experiences that support growth and nurture development.
D. let children do what they want to do.
2. The term used to describe the educational portion of the program is
3. The curricular approach which encourages children to explore, experiment, and discover is
4. Developmentally appropriate curriculum
A. provides easy activities.
B. requires children to learn academic content.
C. teaches children about development.
D. allows children to choose the structure for their own experiences.
5. The activity that's most likely to support children's learning is
B. story time.
6. An appropriate sensory-motor activity for a child up to eight months of age is
A. touching toys of different shapes, sizes, and textures.
B. playing with puzzles with a few large pieces.
C. drawing with crayons or markers.
D. stringing large beads on a shoelace.
7. An appropriate art activity for children 18 to 36 months of age is
A. making a spatter painting.
B. finger painting with shaving cream.
C. doing embroidery.
D. looking at a mobile.
8. Role playing would be an appropriate social studies activity for
9. In this study unit, a child is considered a toddler between the ages of
A. 1 and 11/2 years.
B. 1 and 2 years.
C. 11/2 and 2 years.
D. 11/2 and 3 years.
10. An appropriate science activity for a child 6 to 12 years of age is
A. collecting leaves.
B. using a compass to find a specific site.
C. growing plants from seeds.
D. experimenting with a magnet.
11. Learning to make candy from a recipe would relate most directly to which two of the 13 activity areas?
A. Math and science
B. Social studies and science
C. Cooking and math
D. Social studies and cooking
12. Which of the following statements should not be included in the general principles of self-evaluation in a child care facility?
A. The knowledge that a self-evaluation is taking place should be restricted to the program director.
B. Self-evaluation should take place at regular intervals.
C. Those being evaluated should be allowed to contribute information to their own evaluation.
D. The evaluation of a child must be shared only with authorized persons.
13. Parents' feelings of guilt and anxiety about placing a child in a day care program can be relieved by
A. the self-evaluation process.
B. the personal interview.
C. filling out enrollment forms.
D. receiving a deferred enrollment.
14. An activity that would support small muscle development is
A. riding a tricycle.
C. jump rope.
D. bubble blowing.
15. The purpose of evaluating children in a day care program is to
A. compare them with the other children in the program.
B. have a basis for communicating with parents, schools, and professionals on children's progress.
C. see how the children in your facility compare with the children in other facilities.
D. determine how many points the children's IQs have risen during the time they've participated in your program.
16. Which of the following evaluations is most likely to be made by the director alone?
A. Evaluation of the facility
B. Evaluation of the caregivers
C. Evaluation of the program
D. Evaluation of the enrolled children
17. If you accept children into your day care program at any point that room becomes available, you're implementing a(n) _______ enrollment policy.
18. Information provided by a parent on an enrollment form can be shared with unauthorized persons only if _______ gives written consent.
A. the program director
B. the parent
C. a staff member
D. an agent from the state licensing agency
19. The purpose of a home visit is to
A. see if the child's family lives in an acceptable neighborhood.
B. understand the interactions that go on at home between the child and the family.
C. compare the child's actions with those of brothers and sisters.
D. determine the income level of the child's family.
20. One of the major purposes of the personal interview is to relieve the anxieties of the
A. program director.
C. enrolling child and parents.
D. children who are already in the program.
- Early Childhood Education - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 3:39pm
I wonder how many day care centers and schools hire cheats?
- Early Childhood Education - tasha, Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 3:32pm
Discuss the challenges teachers might face in orchestrating play for children with special needs
- Early Childhood Education - Anonymous, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 5:01am
is # 8 answer A
- Early Childhood Education - Lisa, Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 3:10pm
Thats not a nice question to ask. Every one needs help.
- Early Childhood Education - Lisa, Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 3:20pm
The question that my friend have is that federal laws that provided services for people with disabilities were first passed in the: a. 1990s. b. 1970s. c. 1960s. d. 1980s.
The first law that guaranteed that all children would receive a free and appropriate education is call the: a. education for all handicapped children act. b. developmental disabilities act. c. early education assistance act d. individuals with disabilities education act.
States must search for and locate children with diabilities through: a. child find. b. zero reject. c. due process. d. appropriate education.
- Early Childhood Education - jojo reading, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:17pm
role playing would be an appropriate social studies activity for
- Early Childhood Education - jessica, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:28am
1.c 2.a 3. b
Answer this Question
early childhood education - the main goal of effective health education programs...
Early Childhood Education - The purpose of evaluating children in a day care ...
childcare - The main goal of effective health education programs for young ...
teachers aide early chidhood education and after s - a good activity for a ...
Early childhood education - Julie has a speech delay and is often shy with other...
careers in early childhood education - Factors that support the need for a more ...
Nutrition, Health, and Safety for Young Children - What is a good purpose ...
Teachers Aide/Early Childhood Education and After- - 16. When planning ...
Early Childhood Education - An activity center is an area where A. teachers ...
Health,Nutrition, and safety - What is the overall wellness of young children ...
For Further Reading