Posted by peter on Friday, April 1, 2011 at 10:20am.
Section I: Make all necessary corrections to the following sentences. If a sentence has no errors, mark it correct as written:
I did it but need reassurance.
first sentence is teachers the second one is mine.
1. I’ve always wanted to go to college, it is something my mother wished she had done.
1. I have always wanted to go to college; it is something my mother wished she had done.
2. A wise consumer shops carefully to make the best possible use of their money.
2. A wise consumer shops carefully to make the best possible use of its money.
3. A childs life should focus on daily routines that provide fun and education.
3. A child's life should focus on daily routines that provide fun and education.
4. I am not sure what affect the medication will have on my ability to concentrate.
4. I am not sure of what effects will the medication have on my ability to concentrate.
5. The power was out for two days most of the food in my refrigerator spoiled.
5. The power was out for two days. Most of the food in my refrigerator spoiled.
6. Yet could find only part-time employment.
6. Yet, I could only find part-time employment.
English - Writeacher, Friday, April 1, 2011 at 10:26am
1, 3, 4, and 5 are fine. (I would have joined the two clauses in #5 with a comma and "and" though!)
2. Is a consumer an "it"?
6. No comma needed after "Yet" -- only the addition of a subject is needed, which you did.
english - Kimberly, Friday, April 29, 2011 at 12:09am
Errors in the use of punctuation marks - Semicolons and Colons
Three states have counties named Fairfield: Connecticut, Ohio, and South Carolina.
Sound may be used to link two scenes: wake-up music from a clock radio at the end of one scene becomes a song sung onstage at the start of the next.
Robert Redford was not the film maker's first choice to play the Sundance Kid: he got the part after Marlon Brando, Steve McQueen, and Warren Beaty had turned it down.
When mustaches are fashionable, orders increase for: mustache combs, brushes, and wax.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- Writing - Review the feedback provided by the Center for Writing Excellence and...
- english - Explain what is wrong with the following sentence and make any ...
- Writing - Is this correct? describe the feedback you received from WritePointSM...
- English - There are 10 English sentences. A person is asked to read all the ...
- English - 1. Put two scrambled word pieces together and make one complete word. ...
- English - Hi, I'm having trouble understanding this sentence... "It comes upon ...
- English - 1. Read and translate each sentence. 2. Read and translate each ...
- English assignment - I'm trying to introduce dishonesty around the world in my ...
- English - 1. WPM=130 means 130 words a minute. This is the similar reading speed...