Posted by cody gilliam on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 5:37pm.
One of a pentagon's sides is 3 feet longer than the other. If the perimeter of the pentagon is 128m, how long is the longest side?
math 8th grade - Reiny, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 5:46pm
Your opening sentence is not clear.
Are you saying that 4 of the sides are equal and one is 3 feet longer?
If that is the case, let each of the equal sides be x
then the longer side is x+3, and
x + x + x + x + x+3 = 128
longer side is 18, the others are 15
math 8th grade - sam, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 5:46pm
math 8th grade - sam, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 5:47pm
minus one of those 25
math 8th grade - sam, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 5:48pm
Reiny did it right except i x=25 not 15
Thanks Sam - Reiny, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 5:50pm
of course 125/5 = 25 , silly of me
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math 8th grade - One of a pentagon's sides is 3 feet longer than the other. If ...
- math - consider a square and a regular pentagon. one side of the square is 6 ...
- math - At the Pentagon there are921 feet along each outer side facade and 17.5 ...
- Multivariable Calculus - A pentagon is formed by placing an isosceles triangle ...
- Geometry - A regular pentagon has side length 12cm.the perimeter of the pentagon...
- math - If a pentagon has five sides. Two sides are three times the length of the...
- geometry - A pentagon is a geometric figure with 5 sides. The lengths of the ...
- math - if the perimeter of a pentagon is 60 com, what must its dimensions be to ...
- Math Geometry - there are 2 pentagons the small pentagon has a side that is 3cm ...
- Math - The perimeter of a regular pentagon is 35in. What is the lenght of one ...