Posted by Blake on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 9:53pm.
Sophina bought 3 yards of trim to put around a rectangular scarf. She does not want the scarf to be wider than 12 inches or narrower than 6 inches. Using whole numbers, if she uses all the trim, what are the possible dimensions of her scarf in inches?
- math - PsyDAG, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 11:34am
9" by 9"
2W + 2L = 36
- math - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 10:18pm
3yd of trim = 3 x 36" = 108" of trim
if it goes around the rectangle, then 108" = the perimeter of the rectangle. So, P = 2L + 2W = 108
Possible sizes are 42" x 12" and 48" x 6"
- math - savina, Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10:20pm
how am I supposed to know
- math - the potato master, Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 9:40pm
srsly I NEED the answer
- math - Abby, Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 10:52pm
- math - Sophie, Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:02pm
36 inches=3 yards
- math - Sophie, Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:04pm
- math - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 7:58pm
- math - Fucjjdjd, Monday, May 2, 2016 at 5:38pm
All of you guys are wrong....
- math - bleh, Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 6:47pm
Heyo so the primeter of the answer is goibg to be not the answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math. 2 - Siphons bought 3 yards of trim to put around a rectangular scarf. She ...
- math - Sophia bought 3 yards of trim to put around a rectangular scarf. She ...
- Math - Sophia bought 3 yards of trim to put around a 'rectangular scarf. She ...
- math - If you have 3 yards of trim to put around a rectangular scarf and you ...
- math - to make one costume, rachael uses 6 yards of material and 3 yards of trim...
- Math - Angie has a scarf that measured 36.5 inches long. Her sister made a scarf...
- Geometry - Elaine purchased 4.5 yards of lace trim from her local fabric shop. ...
- math - Kim decided she want to put a continuous trim along the top of the walls ...
- math - if I bought an 8 foot piece of lumber to trim out a bookcase. Altogether ...
- math - the bulletin board is 48 inches long and 24 inches wide. How many yards ...