Posted by Blake on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 9:36pm.
Jeff put a small box that is 12 inches long, 8 inches wide, and 4 inches tall inside a box that is 20 inches long, 15 inches wide, and 9 inches high. How much space is left in the larger box?
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 9:45pm
V = lwh
V = 12 * 8 * 4
V = 384 sq. in
Figure the volume for the larger box -- and then subtract the smaller from the larger volume.
- math - Joel, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 5:53pm
- math - Bob, Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 6:53pm
i don't think that you guys are helping because your not explaining the answer your giving it how is my child supposed to learn from that?
- math - Kid, Monday, March 2, 2015 at 8:16pm
- math - Sarah, Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 7:00pm
12 x 8 x 4 = 384
20 x 15 x 9 = 2700
2700 - 384 = 2316
I'm a fifth grader who is awesome at math i hope i helped
- - sarah bob burrito, Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:29pm
- math - sarah bob burrito, Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:32pm
Answer this Question
- Math PLEASE HELP!!! - Part 1: A rectangular box is 2 inches high, 3.5 inches ...
- geometry - a cube shaped box is 6 inches wide and the rectangular box is 10 ...
- math - mitchell has a jewerly box that has a volume of 324 cubic inches.the ...
- math - Alice is giving a book as a gift that is 8 3/8 inches long and 6 1/2 ...
- math - Takheela plans to ship a dollhouse in a box that is 30 inches along each ...
- math - what is the volume of a cereal box that is 6.5 inches long 4.25 inches ...
- Math - A gift box is 15 inches long, 10 inches wide, and 3 inches high. How much...
- Math - I want to check this. I had used formulas V = B x H and I x w x h to ...
- Math - You have to wrap gift boxes for your club project. Each box is 4.5 ...
- Algebra - You have to wrap gift boxes for your club project. Each box is 4.5 ...