Posted by Sally on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:17pm.
The drama club raised a total of $1,123.50 selling
tickets to its production of Othello. Tickets cost $4.50
for adults and $2.00 for students. Three times as
many student tickets were sold as adult tickets.
Which system of equations can be used to find a, the
number of adult tickets sold, and s, the number of
student tickets sold?
Math - Henry, Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 8:33pm
a = The number of adult tickets sold.
s = 3a = the # of student tickets sold.
4.5a + 3a*2.0 = 1123.50.
10.5a = 1123.50,
a = 107.
s = 3a = 3*107 = 321.
Math - Sally, Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 12:09pm
Math - bob, Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 7:11pm
At the city museum, child admission is and adult admission is . On Friday, four times as many adult tickets as child tickets were sold, for a total sales of . How many child tickets were sold that day?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The seventh graders sold tickets to their play.the tickets cost $3 for ...
- math - 425 in tickets were sold they were either adults or students tickets the ...
- Math - Tickets to a school play were $5 for adults and $3 for students. A total ...
- math - The total ticket sales for the school basketball game were $1625. Adult ...
- Math - THe total ticket sales for the basketball game were $1,625.00. Adult ...
- math - if total ticket sales were $1625 adult tickets were $7.00 and student ...
- Algebra/Math - A total of 504 tickets were sold for the school play. They were ...
- math - There was a total of $548 collected for tickets to the school play. The ...
- substitution - Tickets to a movie cost $7.25 for adults and $5.50 for students. ...
- math - the students are selling tickets to the school fair. all tickets cost the...