Posted by Leigh on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 9:09am.
. Atlantis is a small, isolated island in the South Atlantic. The inhabitants grow potatoes and catch fresh fish. The accompanying table shows the maximum annual output combinations of potatoes and fish that can be produced. Obviously, given their limited resources and available technology, as they use more of their resources for potato production, there are fewer resources available for catching fish.
Maximum annual output options
Quantity of potatoes Quantity of fish
A 1,000 0
B 800 300
C 600 500
D 400 600
E 200 650
F 0 675
a. Examine the Maximum annual output options table above and the resulting Production Possibility Frontier Graph below and answer parts b - f.
Production Possibility Frontier Graph
b. Can Atlantis produce 500 pounds of fish and 800 pounds of potatoes? Explain.
c. What is the opportunity cost of increasing the annual output of potatoes from 600 to 800 pounds?
d. What is the opportunity cost of increasing the annual output of potatoes from 200 to 400 pounds?
e. Can you explain why the answers to parts c and d are not the same?
f. What does this imply about the slope of the production possibility frontier?
Macroeconomics - nurefasiehah, Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 4:17am
what the answer ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- macroeconomics - Atlantis is a small, isolated island in the South Atlantic. The...
- Math - If 5 fishermen catch 5 fish in 5 minutes, how many minutes will it take ...
- math - Two mothers and two daughters were fishing.Thy managed to catch one big ...
- econ - Suppose that two people, Michelle and James each live alone in an ...
- Grade 4 Math - Mele is feeding some of the many exotic fish that live in the ...
- Math - A farmer uses 11/18 of his field to grow rice and 3/7 of remaning field ...
- Finite - Assume that the pond contains 120 fish: 97 green, 22 yellow, and 1 red...
- algebra1 - Melissa wants to figure out how many fish live in a small lake by her...
- FCCOLLEGE - Rashida has a monthly income of $200.which sheallocates between two ...
- Probability - You catch and tag 100 fish from a lake and release them unharmed. ...