Posted by Marcella on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 1:09pm.
For the following:
(a) John is angry because Mary murdered the platypus
(b) Mary murdered the platypus
A. (a) entails (b)
B. (a) presupposes (b)
linguistics - Writeacher, Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 2:49pm
Now it's your turn. What do you think?
linguistics - Marcella, Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 2:57pm
Both entails and presuppposes?
linguistics - Writeacher, Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 3:00pm
Did John know about the murder first? Or did she murder the platypus first?
linguistics - Marcella, Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 3:02pm
she murdered the platypus first
linguistics - Writeacher, Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 3:07pm
Then I think it's only (a).
Read through the ANSWER (don't worry about the questions) here:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Linguistics - Determine whether the following are entailment, presupposition, or...
- Linguistics - 1) (A) Mary murdered the platypus (B) Mary killed something Is the...
- linguistics please!!! - 1. (a) Mary murdered the platypus (b) Mary killed ...
- physics - Mary and John are on opposite sides of a seesaw. Mary has 3x the mass ...
- Math - Find the ages of John and Mary if four times John's age equals three ...
- 6TH GRADE MATH - A sperms whale can stay under water 7 times as long as X ...
- 6th grade math - A sperm whale can stay under water 7 times as long as x minutes...
- math - Mary and John are 128 miles apart. A car leaves Mary traveling towards ...
- Language - I have one more question. I think the author of this book made a ...
- math - there are 15 students including john and mary, in the art club of a ...