Posted by lovecaandy on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 5:49pm.
If a 4th grade with 140 students has 3 boys for every 4 girls how many are girls? how many are boys?
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 6:06pm
Set up a proportion and cross multiply. Let x = the number of boys
3/7 = x/140
7x = 420
x = 60
math - kate, Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 6:14pm
math - mar, Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 9:58pm
there are 80 fourth graders in school of these, 35 were boys. what fractional part of the fourth graders were girls
math - patrick, Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 8:09am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - franklin school has 3 boys for every 4 girls in the fifth grade.there is ...
- math - franklin school has 3 boys for every four girls in the fifth grade. there...
- Math - Which table correctly fills in the ratio table below? Boys 3 6 ___ 21 ...
- math - there is a graph, and the title is Students who dress up for spirit week....
- Math - There are twice as many girls as boys in the 4th grade classes at Joe's ...
- Math - For every girl taking classes at the martial arts school, there are 3 ...
- Math - What percentage of the students who chose biking were girls? Chart ...
- math - franklin school has 3 boys for every 4 4 girls in fifth grade . there ...
- math - In a class of 80 seniors, there are 3 boys for every 5 girls. In the ...
- Math - Students surveyed boys and girls separately to determine which sport was ...