Posted by Rachel on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:21pm.
Can you please check my answers.
1. A lyrical movement or piece for solo voice with instrumental
accompaniment is called a/an
2. What is the difference between an oratorio and an opera?
A. An opera is staged and an oratorio isn't.
B. An oratorio doesn't include an aria and an opera does.
C. The opera is based on a sacred topic and an oratorio
D. An oratorio doesn't include recitatives.
3. The first opera to win widespread acclaim was
A. Purcell's Dido and Aeneas.
B. Handel's Messiah.
C. Monteverdi's Orpheus.
D. Handel's Rinaldo.
4.When instruments double the voices by playing the same notes sung by a chorus,
the music is considered to have
A. unified timbre.
B. paired movement.
D. contrasting timbre.
5.A style of vocal music that's a cross between singing and speaking is commonly
referred to as
6.The _______ is a musical form that utilizes multiple soloists.
B. concerto grosso
C. chorale prelude
D. Gothic motet
7.The musical instrument referred to as the "King of Instruments" is the
A. human voice.
8.Another word for "round" is
9.The form of the melody called the bar form is represented by
10.Handel's first operatic hit, which premiered in London in 1711, was
C. Four Seasons.
D. Giulio Cesare.
11. A _______ performance usually requires the musicians to embellish the part
written for them.
- Music - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:39pm
Looking only at #1, I did not agree. Here are some of my favorite Musical Dictionaries:
Just save the one or ones you like best.
- Music - Ashanti, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 12:32pm
your question #9 is wrong it is A.
- Music - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:25pm
When instruments double the voices by playing the same notes sung by a chorus, the music is
considered to have
- Music - Lita, Monday, November 30, 2015 at 2:27pm
1.B 2.A 4.A 5.C 7.D 8.A 9.A 10.B 3, 6 and 11 I haven't researched yet :p Good luck
- Music - Angie, Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 2:32pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- music - A lyrical movement or piece for solo voice with instrumental ...
- literature arts - Which of the following lists includes the major art forms used...
- music - 1. When were the Middle Ages? (1 point) A. 100–500** B. 500–1500 C. 1450...
- music - 1. Click the play button to listen to the audio sample. What is the ...
- music - hi um could you help me i have to do a music assignment and i to talk to...
- MUSIC - 1. What is the difference between composition and improvisation? Choose ...
- active & passive voice - The difference between a sentence in the active voice ...
- History - 2.The writings of Transcendentalists had the greatest influence on ...
- Music - So, the first movement of Mozart's 21st piano concerto (K. 467) is in ...
- movement and music - Music is important to literacy development because ...