Posted by Kayla on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:03pm.
Write the expression as a trigonometric function of one number.
(cos 20 degrees)(cos 70 degrees)+(sin 20 degrees)(sin 70 degrees)
- Trigonometry - Reiny, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:06pm
Have you come across the identity
cos(A-B) = cosAcoB + sinAsinB ?
your question fits that pattern perfectly.
Let me know what you get.
- Trigonometry - Kayla, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:11pm
ok I made a mistake in the formula. it's cos(20 degrees)cos(70 degrees)- sin(20 degrees) sin(70 degrees).
so it's a subraction equation not an addition.
- Trigonometry - Reiny, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:13pm
and of course there is the matching formula for
cos(A+B) = cosAcosB - sinAsinB
So what do you think?
- Trigonometry - Kayla, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:15pm
so it would be cos(20+70)?
- Trigonometry - Kayla, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:16pm
cos(20 degrees+70 degrees) i mean
- Trigonometry - Reiny, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:38pm
yes, but what is cos(20° + 70°) ??
= cos 90°
cos(20 degrees)cos(70 degrees)- sin(20 degrees) sin(70 degrees)
- Trigonometry - Kayla, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:49pm
Yeah I got the exact value I just needed it in trigonometric function of one number which would be the degrees of cos.
- Trigonometry - girl25, Friday, April 15, 2011 at 10:12pm
HELP ME !
sin50 cos 20 - cos 50 sin 20
^find exact value
- Trigonometry - Sunny, Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:32am
Pls tell me how to find out sin70.Pls
- Trigonometry - Staciefu, Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 7:45pm
How are the sun 70 degrees and cos 20 seg related
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trigonometry - Please review and tell me if i did something wrong. Find the ...
- Trig - What is the exact value of cos 40 degrees cos 50 degrees minus sin 40 ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- Algebra II - Multiple Choice (theta) means the symbol 0 with the dash in it. 1.)...
- trigonometry (please double check this) - Solve the following trig equations. ...
- Trig(3 all with work) - 1)Find the exact value of cos 105 by using a half-angle ...
- Trigonometry - I have some trigonometric equations to do, but I'm pretty lost, ...
- precalc/Trig - Assume we know the following: cos(22.5 degrees)= sqrt(2+sqrt2)/2 ...
- math - 1)In triangle ABC, C=60 degrees, a=12, and b=5. Find c. A)109.0 B)10.4 C)...
- trig - Evaluate sin(29 degrees)cos(31 degrees) + cos(29 degrees)sin(31 degrees) ...