Posted by julian on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 4:57pm.
the numbers below are Fibonacci numbers.
write a rule for the pattern. what are the next three numbers?
MATH - Reiny, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 5:02pm
F(1) = 1
F(2) = 1
F(n) = F(n-1) + F(n-2), n > 2, n is an element of N (natural numbers)
so next two numbers .... 89, 144 , 233
MATH - julian, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 5:09pm
MATH - julian, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 5:11pm
plus I'm in 4th grade
MATH - Reiny, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 5:14pm
ok, in words ...
"to get the next number, add up the two previous ones"
e.g. 5+8 = 13
21+34 = 55
BTW, to type " the rule ??????????? " is not the most polite way for a 4th grade to ask for help.
MATH - julian, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 5:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math patterning - Look over the following sequence of numbers. What are the next...
- math - determine the next three numbers in this pattern: 2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19,23,...
- math - look at the numbers below describe the pattern 75, 74,72,69,65, what is ...
- Math - use the rule to write the first twelve numbers in the pattern. describe ...
- Pre-Algebra - Write a rule for this pattern.Fing the next three numbers in the ...
- math - describe the pattern then find the missing numbers _, _,27,38, 49, 60 I ...
- Math - What is the answer to use the rule to write the first 12 numbers in the ...
- math - What is the pattern to this sequence? 1,3,4,7,11,18,29 I figured it was ...
- Math - What is the first common number among: palindromic numbers, Triangular ...
- Math (fibonacci - A sequence of numbers is called a Fibonacci-type sequence if ...