Posted by roy on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 11:26pm.
if you know that AB=0 and A not=to B, what can you say about the equation Ax+By=1? Describe the graph.
- 8th grade math - Reiny, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 7:58am
if in Ax + By = 1, AB = 0
then either A =0 or B=0
If A=0, then you have the horizontal line y = 1/B
if B=0, then you have the vertical line x = 1/A
- 8th grade math - hfgh, Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 2:20pm
The line above goes through points (-4,-5) and (0,3). What point will the line above go through when y is equal to 8?
- 8th grade math - Ummmmm...., Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 8:57pm
You can just look in the back of the textbook, but here is what it says:
The equation will be either
Ax = 1 or By = 1; the graph will be either a vertical or horizontal line.
- 8th grade math - Ummmmm...., Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 9:03pm
Here is what I personally wrote:
Either A or B must equal 0, so the equation Ax+By+1 in standard form would either be Ax=1 or By=1. The graph would either be a vertical line or a horizontal line.
- 8th grade math - Ummmmm...., Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 9:04pm
OOPS. Sorry I accidentally posted the same thing twice. :D
Answer this Question
- 8th grade math - How do you find the y-intercept in a graph, equation, and table...
- Systems of Inequalities-8th Grade Algebra - Graph the equation. The graph will ...
- Spanish 8th grade - I have a question about describing my house. I know the word...
- 8th grade math - The equation d=3.5t + 50 represents the distance in meters,d, ...
- 8th grade math - A magazine for teenagers ask its readers to write in with ...
- Algebra 1-8th Grade - Describe a situation in which a graph is more helpful ...
- 8th Grade Algebra - For a graph of the equation y = x^2 + bx + c, the x-...
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - Explain why the graph of an equation in the form y=kx ...
- Math 8th Grade - I would greatly appreciate it if someone would please be kind ...
- Math 8th Grade - What is the y-int of the graph of 4x+2y=12