Posted by Kayla on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 8:42pm.
exponentiating to solve equations: solve the eaquation, cheack for extraneous solutions
- acc. alg 2 - bobpursley, Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 8:45pm
remember log a + log b= log ab
do that, then take the antilog..
then proceed to solve.
- acc. alg 2 - Damon, Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 8:52pm
log5 [(x+4)(x+1)] = 2
5^log5 [(x+4)(x+1)] = 5^2 = 25
(x+4)(x+1) = 25
x^2 + 5 x + 4 = 25
x^2 + 5 x - 21 = 0
x = [-5 +/- sqrt(25+84) ]/2
= [-5 +/- sqrt(109)]/2
= [ -2.5 +/- 5.22 ]
= 2.72 or - 7.72
You can not take log of a negative number so use 2.72
- acc. alg 2 - Kayla, Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 9:10pm
i dnt get bwat u did after x^2+5x-21=0. that is were i keep gettin stuck on
- acc. alg 2 - Damon, Monday, March 21, 2011 at 9:13am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- precalculus - solve the logarithmic equation . express solution in exact form ...
- Algebra - solve the eauation check for extraneous solutions. log5 x=4
- Algebra 2 - Express as a logarithm of a single number or expression: 1. 5log4^p+...
- Algebra II - Log6(6^9)=??? Answer: 9 Ine^-3x=??? Answer: -3x Use log5(2) = 0....
- college algebra - solve the logarithmic equation. Please show all work. log5x+...
- mathematics - Given that log5 3=0.683 and log5 7=1.209.without using calculator...
- Maths - Solve for x: log5(x-2)+ log5 (x-4) = log6(x-1)
- Logs-Algebra - How do you graph the following logs? f(x)=log5 (x-2) f(x)=log5 x-...
- check! - here is the question: log5(x-4)= log7x solve for x. These are just base...
- Algebra II Help - How do you solve this ; 5^(3y) = 8^ (y-1) I think the first ...