Posted by la bellgoss on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 2:18pm.
1)Find the sum of the first eight terms of the Geometric progression 256,128,64,32
2)How many terms should be taken from the Geometric progression 4,12,36 for the sum to be 2188
- math - Anonymous, Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 4:26pm
The sum of n numbers in Geometric progression is:
a1 is first number in progresion
q is the common ratio.
In your case:
S8=32*( -255)/( -1)
I am not shure that this question have solution.
Geometric progression in this case:
- math - Anonymous, Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 4:51pm
In first question:
- math - bobby, Monday, February 16, 2015 at 10:50am
In a geometric progression,the product of the 2nd and 4th terms is double the 5th terms and the sum of the first four terms is 80.find the gp
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Arithmetic - The first, second and third terms of a geometric progression are 2k...
- mathematics :geometric progression - The first three terms of a geometric ...
- Maths - 1..The first 2 terms of a geometric progression are the same as the ...
- Math (Geometric Progression) - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic ...
- math - in a Geometric progression the sum of the first and the second terms is ...
- Math - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic progression. The 1st, 2nd ...
- Hill school - The first three terms of a geometric progression are K-3,2K-4,4K-...
- MATHEMATIC DEPARTMENT - The second, third and ninth terms of an arithmetic ...
- math - The first, the third and the seventh terms of an increasing arithmetic ...
- math - If the sum of the first and the second terms of an infinite Geometric ...