Posted by la bellgoss on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 2:18pm.
1)Find the sum of the first eight terms of the Geometric progression 256,128,64,32
2)How many terms should be taken from the Geometric progression 4,12,36 for the sum to be 2188
- math - Anonymous, Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 4:26pm
The sum of n numbers in Geometric progression is:
a1 is first number in progresion
q is the common ratio.
In your case:
S8=32*( -255)/( -1)
I am not shure that this question have solution.
Geometric progression in this case:
- math - Anonymous, Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 4:51pm
In first question:
- math - bobby, Monday, February 16, 2015 at 10:50am
In a geometric progression,the product of the 2nd and 4th terms is double the 5th terms and the sum of the first four terms is 80.find the gp
Answer this Question
- Arithmetic - The first, second and third terms of a geometric progression are 2k...
- Maths - 1..The first 2 terms of a geometric progression are the same as the ...
- Math (Geometric Progression) - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic ...
- math - in a Geometric progression the sum of the first and the second terms is ...
- Math - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic progression. The 1st, 2nd ...
- MATHEMATIC DEPARTMENT - The second, third and ninth terms of an arithmetic ...
- math - The first, the third and the seventh terms of an increasing arithmetic ...
- math - If the sum of the first and the second terms of an infinite Geometric ...
- math - 1) If the number 1,1/3,1/9, are terms of Geometric progression. Find its ...
- maths - the sum of the 4th and 6th terms of an A.P is 42. the sum of the 3rd and...