Posted by Anonymous on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 6:17pm.
5. Click on the Show Chart link to the right of the company name and description. Select the monthly share price graph and take a screen shot. Include the screen shot in your submission. Describe what has happened to the share price in the last year
I chose the Company Avon, and since last year, the shares on the graph have seemed to have dropped.
h t t p : // w w w .weseed . c o m/company/avp-avon-products-inc#month
The other Part-----------------------
Now that youíve analyzed a company based on its financial statement, letís compare two companies. Choose two related companies to answer the questions below (for example: Toyota & Honda, Apple & Microsoft).
1. What two companies did you choose? How are they related?
I chose the companies JACK(Jack In The Box Inc.) and WEN(Wendy's/ Arby's Group)
~Im not really sure if these companies are related, are they? And how? They are both restaurants, that provide burgers and all.
2. Which of your companies do you think has the better financial performance? Why?
I heard that Jack in the Box does, but I'm not sure.
3. Look up the three ratios for each company (P/E, ROE, and Pre Tax Profit Margin) and record them in a table.
Jack in the Box:
P/E = 15.5
ROE = 13.5
Pre Tax Profit Margin = 4.6
P/E = 24.9
ROE = 8.3
Pre Tax Profit Margin = 5.1
4. How might comparing financial statements and company performance help you to make investment decisions? Which of your companies would you invest in? Why?
Well you can find out which company makes higher profits. Just learning about this stuff, so what else?
I guess I would probably invest in Jack in the Box because its better with the ROE.
- Business-EASY - Writeacher, Friday, March 18, 2011 at 7:25pm
You have now posted this identical text three times and haven't received a response yet. That usually happens IF all the tutors who read it don't have the expertise to give you a valid response.
I'm sorry, but we don't have tutors to cover all possible subject areas.
- Business-EASY - Anonymous, Friday, March 18, 2011 at 7:29pm
I only need to companies that are related, and I just need to know which one is Financially better.
- Business-EASY - Anonymous, Friday, March 18, 2011 at 8:28pm
Writeacher do you know of any companies that are related to one another?
- Business-EASY - Writeacher, Friday, March 18, 2011 at 8:37pm
Do you mean owned by the same people?
Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister are two that are owned by the same people. I think A&F is the parent company.
There are lots of competing companies, too.
Here is one place where you can look up how different companies' stocks are doing:
Enter JACK or WEN or whatever you need to look up -- near the top right corner.
- Business-EASY - Anonymous, Friday, March 18, 2011 at 8:40pm
Yeah I mean owned by the same people. Thank you so much. Okay I will use those two then. Do you know which one if financially better out of these too, Im thinking that A&F is.
- Business-EASY - Writeacher, Friday, March 18, 2011 at 10:20pm
I would think A&F is since it has a Kids spin-off, too. You'd have to dig around and find financial info, though.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Financial Data and choosing stocks - 5. Click on the Show Chart link to the ...
- screen shot - I did an exercise in the MyWritingLab and it will not let me take ...
- Computers - Help guys..here is what I need.. and unfortunately I need this in ...
- PreCalculus - Writing to Learn: In a certain video game a cursor bounces back ...
- Physics - Two particles Q and P are shot up vertically.P was first shot with ...
- chem help - im doing a graph for chem lab with excel. my classmate created a ...
- Buisness Math - You are interested in purchasing a wide-screen television set ...
- math - You are interested in purchasing a wide-screen television set at Target...
- Programming Essentials - Design an interactive application that displays the ...
- Calculus - Someone already asked this question but did not understand the answer...