Posted by anonymous on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 12:02pm.
1) For which of the following functions is f(-5) = 2 ? a)f(x) = x +7 b) f(x) = 2x-6 c) f(x) = 3x+5 d) none of these
2) Which of the following is a function? a)(-4,1), (1,8), (-4,2) b)(-4,1), (1,-8), (-2,2) c)(-4,1),(1,-8), (1,2) d) none of these
3) what is the relationship between the lines y=-8x +5 and y =-3x -7 ?
4) evaluate i^14
2- don't understand
3 -don't understand
4 - -1
can someone veridy & assist me on this ?
- Algebra - MathMate, Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:35am
A function is a relation which relates the elements of two sets (of numbers) such that any element of the first set is related to exactly one element of the second set.
f: A->B is a function which relates elements of set A to elements of set B.
If we define f by (1,4),(2,6),(3,5), then the relation f is a function, since it satisfies the stipulation that any element in A is related to exactly one element in B.
On the other hand,
if we define:
g : A-> B such that
then g is not a function because element 1 of set A is related to two elements of B (4 and 6). So in this case, g is not a function.
3. The two lines are not parallel, so they intersect somewhere in space.
They are not parallel because the slopes are different (8 and -3).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus, check my answers, please? :) - Okay, so I think these are right, but I...
- Algebra - Can anyone help me with the following, by providing the steps to get ...
- Algebra - Graph and label the following two functions: f(x)=(x^2+7x+12)/(x+4) g(...
- Math 10- Relations & Functions - 1) write the following with two variables: F (x...
- Economics/Algebra - Can someone help with the following: I know how to get the ...
- Check my CALCULUS answers please! - Any short explanation for things I got ...
- Algebra - Can anyone help me with this problem? I need to show all steps and ...
- Algebra II - Which of the following is a relation but not a function a)( -10,1)(...
- algebra - Which of the following functions has an inverse that is not a function...
- Algebra - 98. Solve the equation -49 = x - 50 x=1? 94. Determine if the ...